Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Camera shops in the town center (Kanazawa) 2012/8/8 02:26
Hi,

A couple weeks ago we had a nice time in Kanazawa (hotel in the Korinbo area). At one point in time we ran out of memory for our digital camerafs so i figured to drop in an electronic or camera store to buy some SD memory cards. Except for one or two camera shops that specializes in old analog camerafs (nice) I could not find any shops. Finally i found a couple cards in a convenience store. But they were very expensive. What surprised me was that in the shopping areafs (Korinbo and Omicho market area) i could not find any (digital) camera stores or electronic stores, not even in the departments stores. And i walked around a lot. Have all those shops vanished (as result of buying via the internet) or are they somewhere outside of the town center in a mall or so? Or did i just overlook them? BTW Later on in Matsumoto again I did not spot any camera/electronic shops!

B. Slager
by B. Slager (guest)  

Re: Camera shops in the town center (Kanazawa) 2012/8/8 12:19
I tried to check where in central Kanazawa you can find an electronics shop and found there is none.

In rural area of Japan, people go shopping to a huge roadside shopping mall by car. Those malls must be equipped with huge parking lots, thus located a few kilometers from the historical area of Kanazawa.

http://art3.photozou.jp/pub/823/159823/photo/9455140.jpg
This is the main branch in Kanazawa, of Japan's largest electronics store chain(annual sales 25 billion USD), which is located 5 kilometers from Kanazawa castle. You could buy 8GB SD card at 600yen there.

by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Camera shops in the town center (Kanazawa) 2012/8/9 05:27
Thanks CC for the response and the investigation you did.

If i remember correct i paid something like 2000Yen for a 2 or 4GB card.
And too bad that there are no electronic shops in the towncenter anymore.

B. Slager
by B Slager (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Camera shops in the town center (Kanazawa) 2014/1/29 22:21
Bought a 4Gb Toshiba SD for about 700 Yen at convenience store today. SD's and micro-SD's only cards I've seen in Convenience stores. Camera shop with digital & film (including new and second-hand, lenses etc) compacts and entry-level DSLR, at Oyama-jinja. Turn right down side-street just before going up steps to shrine; look for Fuji sign.
by Reddeye (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread