Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Burburry popular in Japan? 2012/8/11 02:35

I was thinking of buying a burberry scarf for my Japanese girlfriend as part of a birthday gift (I'm from the UK).... think it will go down well? She's 24...

Any alternative suggestions extreeemely welcome!
by jitenshagasuki  

Re: Is Burburry popular in Japan? 2012/8/11 17:45
Not sure about Burburry, but Burberry are very popular, like all well known brands.
by Thai Po (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Burburry popular in Japan? 2012/8/11 20:09
haha yeah sorry it's a mistake i'm not referring to an imitation brand ;p
by jitenshagasuki rate this post as useful

Re: Is Burburry popular in Japan? 2012/8/11 23:04
My wife says that in Japan, there is also Burberry Blue Label (in many department stores), which is a line of items that Burberry only sells in Japan, not the UK. You might check it out for a unique gift.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Is Burburry popular in Japan? 2012/8/17 23:19
Besides the dept stores, there's one of their designer palaces in Ginza full of overpriced rubbish now made in sweatshops.
by gina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Burburry popular in Japan? 2012/8/17 23:55

Thankyou for the responses! I decided to go for the "overpriced sweatshop rubbish" in the end.... hope she likes it ;p
by jitenshagasuki rate this post as useful

Re: Is Burburry popular in Japan? 2012/8/24 13:37
Don't forget Burberry Black Label my fav lol

then again it's for men oops...just had to put in my 2 cents ^_^
by BL (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Burburry popular in Japan? 2012/8/24 16:04
it's not the most popular brand, but it is a very well known brand. i think burberry passed 1.5billion yen in sales in japan over the last year. not bad considering they only started up here in 2006.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread