Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going clubbing/partying in Tokyo 2012/8/14 05:13
I will be going to Tokyo in September for 10 days (2 weekends) and plan to do some good sight seeing and exploring during the day. However at night I want to party hard. I heard of roppongi being a hot spot for foreigners and that's great but I was curious if there were other good spots during the week or alternatives to roppongi and shibuya on weekends.
by california love  

Re: Going clubbing/partying in Tokyo 2012/8/14 10:35
I don't know much about the clubbing scene in Tokyo, but I recently read this article from the Japan Times.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120801f3.html
by RaikouNeko rate this post as useful

Re: Going clubbing/partying in Tokyo 2012/8/14 23:58
california love,
please remember that clubbing is not as popular in Japan as it is in most other countries. And lots of my friends do not even dare to go to Roppongi as it is such a bad place :) (dont worry, it is not that dodgy)

There are lots of clubs, striptease bars and other rather sleazy etablissements in Roppongi...just drop off at the metro station and you will find whatever you like. Outside Roppongi I can recommend ageha club which is close to Odaiba. It is one of the largest, if not the biggest, club in Tokyo and targets mainly tourists and expats.
Other great areas to go partying include Naka-meguro, Azabu-Juban, Shibuya, Shinjuku (Kabukicho) or Ikebukuro.

Have fun!

by Diggy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going clubbing/partying in Tokyo 2012/8/15 09:16
Thanks for the responses guys. Great article too its very interesting seeing osakas night life change due to noise pollution.
Yeah I plan to go to ageah and womb. I'll be staying in kabukicho but I'm not a big fan of strip clubs personally I think it's a waste of money lol. Are there any good places in shinjuku?
by california love rate this post as useful

Re: Going clubbing/partying in Tokyo 2012/8/15 12:53
What about the age range?
because last april we went to the Womb Club in Shibuya with a friend, and we find the people there where mostly under 25, my friend and I have about 35 y.o. so we where a little of out of place there, ( too old...) ; does any of those clubs like ageha or the ones in roppongi are okay for people of my "advanced age"?
by nordtiger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going clubbing/partying in Tokyo 2012/8/15 14:42
Here's a list of some of the more serious dance-music-focused clubs, with links to their DJ calendars. http://whereintokyo.com/dbinx/club.html

I've found the age range at smaller clubs like Air to be slightly older.

I wouldn't recommend going to Roppongi and just wandering around, unless you like being hassled by super-aggressive touts.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Going clubbing/partying in Tokyo 2012/8/16 23:53
nordtiger,
I recommend you going to club feria. It is the club of choice for all actors, models and other celebrities and targets (because of the slightly higher prices) slightly older people.
by asdf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread