Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does anyone know Shimizu? 2004/7/10 02:27
Hello, my name is Daniel and I'm 17 years old. I'm from Germany. From August on, I'm going to do a one-year exchange to Japan with Rotary International. I know that I will be in a city called Shimizu, which has about 460.000 inhabitants and is located in Shizuoka prefecture.

I wanted to ask if anyone of you has pictures of Shimizu? I have made a homepage ([i]www.danielinjapan.com[/I]), but it's in german. I also have a gallery there with five pictures of Shimizu. That's all I could find online. On my homepage I'm going to write some sort of a diary once a week or so and put some photos up that I take with my digital camera.

I have read really alot of things about Shimizu, but I can't find any pictures. Would anyone happen to live in Shimizu? Anyway, thanks in advance.

Greetings

Daniel
by Denieru  

Shimizu photos 2004/7/12 00:44
Hello Daniel,

I had been in Shizuoka-City where is next to Shimizu several years ago.
The following site has several pictures. Probably you will find ''photo gallery'' in Japanese.
http://www.ejyshizu.shizuoka.shizuoka.jp/
Shimizu City synoecized with Shizuoka city last year.

I hope you enjoy Shimizu life!
Regards,
Shu
by shu rate this post as useful

Me too! 2004/7/19 07:10
I too am moving to Japan in October this year to live for a year. I have some family there and am also trying to find out about the area. Any info I get I will pass on. I'm trying to find out about clubs and social life in that area, as you will be travelling soon I would appreciate it if you could let me know-a westeners opinon of the social life. Cheers!
by Sakura rate this post as useful

I knoe Shimizu Haruna 2004/7/20 14:11
yeah shes in SweetS but i dont noe if ur talking about this one cause she is gorgouse and pretty. yeah and also shes japanese so yeah.
by lamis rate this post as useful

I know Shimizu 2004/8/24 16:55
Shimizu as a city doesnt actually exist anymore. It combined with Shizuoka city last year. So now Shimizu is actually just an area of Shizuoka city. This may be why you are having troubles finding info.

Shimizu station is 3 stops away from Shizuoka station on the Tokkaido line. The station is brand new and very beautiful. If the weather is nice, there is a great view of mount fuji from the station.

There isn't a whole lot in Shimizu itself, but there is a mall called the Shimizu S-Pulse dream plaza. The Shimizu S-Pulse is the local soccer team, and is very strong in the J-league. In the dream plaza, there is a very nice movie theatre, the nicest in the prefecture. All THX sound and big screens.

There are some bars to go to in Shimizu, but you will be too young to go (the drinking age here is 20) so that wont really matter.

Good luck
by Joe rate this post as useful

Please tell me 2008/3/31 02:51
Please tell me that can Mt. Fuji easily visibled everyday from Shisuoka and Shimizu? What time of the day is the bast time to see Mt.Fuji from there?
by Bas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread