Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where can you smoke 2012/8/26 16:41
im just wondering what the right places would be for smoking.and is it ok to walk around smoking or do u have to find a spot thats ok to smoke at
by nightlybrian  

Re: where can you smoke 2012/8/26 18:27
Brian,

Although some people do it, it is generally frowned upon to smoke while walking around.

There are designated smoking areas, but these are becoming more rare, especially in Kyoto and even parts of Tokyo such as the Ginza.

by katsura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where can you smoke 2012/8/26 18:55
Forgot to add that you also risk being fined if caught smoking in a non-designated area. As I spend most of my time in Kyoto, I can vouch for such fines/restrictions in Kyoto as evidenced by the signs to this effect.
by katsura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: where can you smoke 2012/8/26 19:32
ty for the info.i i do plan on going once i finish school hopefully even tho i do smoke i do pay attention to areas where i can smoke but most of the time if i want to smoke but know i cant i can all ways wait till i get home or find a spot thats ok to smoke in
by nightlybrian rate this post as useful

Re: where can you smoke 2012/8/26 23:29
It also depends on where you plan on going. Many areas of central Tokyo (most?) now ban smoking on the street. There are special areas, some outdoors, some enclosed by glass, that are set aside for public smoking. Some are free and some cost a small amount of money.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread