Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About sumo wrestling 2012/8/31 18:14
Hi everyone,

i just need your advice, since my dates are not confirmed yet, I need to know that is there a possibility that I can purchase tickets for sumo wrestling match on the same day? are these tickets mostly sold out?

Secondly need your advice on how is general seating to view a match?

thirdly how long is the duration of all day matches?

Thanks in advance
by mrali  

Re: About sumo wrestling 2012/8/31 19:46
I went to Osaka in March and headed to the gym about 11am and got a seat for the day's matches. They were very helpful in showing me the seating arrangement and where the best seats to view all the action were. I then headed back out and didn't return until 3:30-4pm to see the main division until its end, about 6pm.
by sumo (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2012/8/31 20:22
i just need your advice, since my dates are not confirmed yet, I need to know that is there a possibility that I can purchase tickets for sumo wrestling match on the same day? are these tickets mostly sold out?

Depends which day, which city, etc.

In general for weekdays early in the tournament schedule you should be fine. Final day in Tokyo not much chance.

Alternatively, once you fix your date you can order somewhere like here:-
http://www.buysumotickets.com/

Secondly need your advice on how is general seating to view a match?

Usually fine, but it is not overly close.

thirdly how long is the duration of all day matches?

http://www.sumo.or.jp/eng/ticket/honbasho_ichi_nichi/index.html

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: About sumo wrestling 2012/8/31 20:54
GC3,

thanks a lot! spot on :)

sorry i forgot to mention. i will arrive during mid of September insha Allah! right on time for Tokyo's event :)
by mrali rate this post as useful

reply to this thread