Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

swimsuit at beni fuji no yu 2012/10/28 23:12
dear all,
any information whether we can wear swimsuit at outdoor onsen beni fuji no yu? please help info us since it will relate to our ittinerary..I can not find the info from its website
thanks,
pauline
by pauline (guest)  

Re: swimsuit at beni fuji no yu 2012/10/28 23:15
No, swimsuits are generally forbidden at onsen, including Benifuji no Yu.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: swimsuit at beni fuji no yu 2012/10/30 01:26
Onsen does not allow you to bathe in swimwears.

http://www.setaonsen.co.jp/index_e.html

This place above allows you to wear swimwear. There are a few exceptions like this.
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: swimsuit at beni fuji no yu 2012/10/30 03:17
You might not want to anyway. My daughters wore undies into the private onsen at Hakone and then the undies stunk like rotten eggs and had to be thrown away. That was sulfur, though of course not all onsen water smells
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: swimsuit at beni fuji no yu 2012/11/3 21:35
You get to differentiate sulfur and rotten eggs after a while. As an onsen addict, I've grown fond of sulfuric smell (and I don't like rotten eggs).

Why throw away? Wash it once and it'll go away.

Going to an onsen or sento with swimsuits is like eating with your hands at a plush French restaurant with dirty clothes.
by Onsen lover (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: swimsuit at beni fuji no yu 2012/11/5 11:20
I can imagine that sulphur smell hanging around through several washes- it would come out eventually though. Since you can't wear anything in most hot springs it doesn't usually matter though ;)

by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: swimsuit at beni fuji no yu 2012/11/5 16:53
I was apprehensive at first too about nudity in an onsen yet I'm glad I did it and I'm now quite the onsen fan.
The nudity is nothing to worry about and the onsen experience is really what is required for a trip to Japan to be complete, IMO.
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

reply to this thread