Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stonemasonry in Japan 2004/9/28 05:34
I am a stonemason in germany(momentarily qualifying as a Technician and master of my craft), and would like to work with a traditional stonemason in Japan for maybe about 1/2 a year.Now I´m looking for contacts. Can anyone help me with this projekt?
thanks
by Ana  

another question... 2004/10/22 22:17
Hello Anna, I'm sorry that I don't know any Japanese m,asonry contacts. In fact I'm mailing you with another question...
I'm a masonry student in England. Here there is no further education for masons after they have learned some basics. I've heard in Germany it's possible to go back to school after some years in order to learn advanced methods. Is this true? I'd like to find out about it. Please do post a contact address for whoever organises such things if you have one.
Good luck with your Japan project.
Richard Cook
by Richard Cook rate this post as useful

I need to build a furo. Outdoors! 2004/10/24 01:26
Hello,
I want to build a japanese woodburning ofuo and after reading your question I thought you may have some interesting ideas.
by arlene rate this post as useful

Any luck?? 2008/7/28 04:38
Hey there, i'm taking a pot luck at replying to this, it's only 4 years too late! Did you manage to find any masons/carvers in Japan? I'm curently looking for work there too, teaching English is/has driven me crazy & i'm hoping to go back to my roots as a mason. Do you have any advice? I heard about a masons festival in Aichi coming up a the end of the year. But thats really it. Cheers. J
by James Lowings rate this post as useful

reply to this thread