Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying power adaptors for NZ --> JP 2013/2/12 16:46
A commonly asked question on here I'm sure, but I have a query about power adaptors.

In a few days, I will travel from Auckland to Tokyo and Kyoto for 12 days. I'll be taking a couple of New Zealand devices with me (laptop, Nintendo 3DS, etc.), and was wondering if the different voltages in Japan could potentially damage my devices?

I've done my share of import gaming before now, and know that stepdown converters are important if one is plugging a Japanese game console into a UK power supply, as the voltages differ between each country.

In short, if I try and recharge my NZ laptop in my hotel room using a standard plug adaptor, will it blow up? Thanks. :)
by CRG (guest)  

Re: Buying power adaptors for NZ --> JP 2013/2/13 11:33
No
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying power adaptors for NZ --> JP 2013/2/13 12:24
It will not blow up. It will charge as normal assuming it is rated for 100v input (which virtually all laptops are).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Buying power adaptors for NZ --> JP 2013/2/13 12:31
Thanks, both of you. Would you have any knowledge about how a Nintendo 3DS would cope?
by CRG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying power adaptors for NZ --> JP 2013/2/13 12:58
I believe the nintendo 3ds has region specific chargers (check the plug). If that's the case you may just want to pick up a cheap charger here or use a usb charger cable.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Buying power adaptors for NZ --> JP 2013/2/13 14:19
Assuming yours is the same as ones sold on Australia, it's fine. We use 240v.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying power adaptors for NZ --> JP 2013/2/15 15:51
Auckland...I used to live near the one tree hill.10 years...time flies so fast.anyway enjoy your japan.hope you like it here.
by ??? (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread