Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 26

1 2
next

Is there a giant ferris wheel in Tokyo? 2005/1/16 10:14
I read about the giant ferris wheel and I thought it was near the Tokyo Tower. But I cannot find any reference to it. I saw a pic of it lighted up at night. If it's not in Tokyo pls advise where is it.
by Kathryn  

... 2005/1/16 11:07
http://www.daikanransha.com/p_album01.html

http://www.daikanransha.com/p_album02.html

It must be the one in Odaiba. It is right close by Tokyo Teleport station (on Rinkai Line), or another station on Yurikamome Line.

The first page above gives views of the ferris wheel at daytime, and the second gives views FROM the ferris wheel at night.
by AK rate this post as useful

Yes - the biggest 2005/1/16 12:52
There is a very huge ferris wheel in Tokyo. It's 115 meters tall, the tallest in the world. And, your right, it looks very beautiful at night. It's not anywhere near Tokyo tower, it's over the rainbow bridge in O-daiba. You can check out O-daiba on-line at http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3008.html
by suteebu rate this post as useful

... 2005/1/16 13:51
There is at least one more ferries wheel in Tokyo (possibly more). It is located in Kasai Seaside Park, not far from Tokyo Disney Resort. But the above mentioned one in Odaiba is more famous.

Also, there is a very famous ferris wheel in Yokohama:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3200.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Biggest? 2005/1/16 14:18
Is it taller than the one in London?
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

not the biggest! 2005/1/16 14:38
No, the Odaiba wheel is not the world's biggest! It is not even Tokyo's biggest!

The one in Kasai Rinkai Park is about 5 meters taller. And the one in London is another few meters taller.

tokyo dome also 2005/1/23 21:30
I have read about a cool ferris whell at Tokyo Dome amusement area; it is spokeless and a roller coaster runs through the middle of it!
by Eileen rate this post as useful

Ferris wheel 2005/1/25 17:56
I am sure I saw one at Yokohama... very big, near the new concert hall.
by Julian rate this post as useful

Wheel is at Minato Murai, Yokohama 2006/2/20 06:29
Kanransha (sightseeing wheel) is near Landmark Tower in Yokohama; Keihin-Tohoku, sakuragicho station. Don't know its status, but it's plenty tall. I rode on it last in 1999.
by Jackie rate this post as useful

world's 2nd largest 2006/10/16 14:39
Hi,

Odaiba ferris wheel is world's 2nd largest. Actually you can see it from top of Tokyo tower, Rainbow bridge and from taller buildings of Tennoz Isle.

I'm writing some blogs about odaiba visit here http://camera-friendly.blogspot.com
by Sivakumar rate this post as useful

. 2006/10/16 15:26
Sivakumar ,

Where did you find that piece of information?

There are larger ones in Tokyo, and a larger one outside of Tokyo, that certainly bumps it out of 2nd place.
by john rate this post as useful

. 2006/10/16 15:41
Sivakumar,
A little off topic about your blog, you write that:

"Their train fares are upto the sky. For a daily pass in the Tokyo city you may have to spend about $20"

Daily passes come in 400-700yen fares (about 3-6 dollars), the most expensive pass is the Tokyo Free Kippu which covers over 3 different train companies, for 1580 yen (about $15), however one would have to travel about 8 times on 3 different train companies in one day to pay it off, in reality, not many people do that.

Train fares are not that high, compared to elsewhere in the world, for example in the United States, fare from Washington, DC to New York city (362 km) by Acela High Speed train is $168.00 , from Tokyo to Nagoya (366km) by high speed train is 10780yen (about $94 USD).

Refered Wiki 2006/10/17 10:19
Hi John,

Thanks for your visit to my blog. Your comments are boosting me to get more information to pass on here.

Daikanransha ferris wheel is the largest next to london eye, as per the wikipedia. please have a look at the below URL, however I also had the same information from some people while visiting the odaiba.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Tokyo/Odaiba

With repect to my $20 train pass query, I was mentioning about the 1 day JR Holiday pass which is 2,300Yen, which is converted with JPY 116 = 1USD

Secondly, I have no idea on the USA train fares, as my trip to Atlanta was only 2 months and never travelled in any train. But for India I'm sure with $20 you can visit from Chennai to mumbai in the sleeper class.

Hope this justify my blog. I wish you people give me more feedback so, i can correct if there is an issue.

. 2006/10/17 10:37
Yes, but trains in India are hardly comparable to trains in Japan. It was just my opinion it wasn't a fair compairson. Sorta like comparing the price of an apartment in a suburb to the price of an apartment in downtown manhattan.

No compairson purpose 2006/10/17 10:54
I agree with you, but my post was not for compairson purpose, its only an obligation for reducing the fares. Indian trains are ment for the 1 billion people, where providing such kind of facility may not practically possible. Howerver it solves the purpose transport.

As far as my stay [Only my stay] concern in tokyo, I travel from Shin-ekota to Tennoz everday. One way fare works out to 500Yen, which is the second largest spending next to my apartment cost in Tokyo.

... 2006/10/17 11:24
Daikanransha ferris wheel is the largest next to london eye, as per the wikipedia.

It may depend on how you measure the height of a ferris wheel, but in Japan, most sources quote the ferris wheel in Kasai Park, Tokyo to be a few meter taller than the one in Odaiba. And the currently tallest ferris wheel in Japan is the Sky Dream Fukuoka in Fukuoka.

With repect to my $20 train pass query, I was mentioning about the 1 day JR Holiday pass which is 2,300Yen, which is converted with JPY 116 = 1USD

The Holiday Pass is valid not only in Tokyo but also in its surrounding prefectures. 700 to 1500 Yen is a more suitable price range to describe the cost of a one-day pass for Tokyo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html

Most tourist will spend less than 1000 Yen per day on urban transportation in central Tokyo.

Thanks for the Info 2006/10/17 12:56
Okie, I have taken note of your point.

Also will update the train fare information in my blog today.

I appriciate your concerns Uji and John

. 2006/10/17 17:09
Someone from here should go on Wikipedia and update the information there.. :)
by Rouge rate this post as useful

ticket booth 2007/7/26 16:41
does anyone know where the exact location of the ticket booth (for the Odaiba Ferris Wheel) is?
by tigress rate this post as useful

Odaiba ferris wheel 2007/7/26 16:58
Tigress,

does anyone know where the exact location of the ticket booth (for the Odaiba Ferris Wheel) is?

The ticket booth is immediately beneath the ferris wheel.
The closest station is Aomi on the Yurikamome Line, but there is also easy access via a walkway from Tokyo Teleport station on the Rinkai Line.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 26

1 2
next

reply to this thread