Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

Yes, the Kill Bill 2 Restaurant Exists 2007/8/18 01:39
I was taken to the restaurant that Kill Bill 2 was filmed at by a local friend about a year ago. I'll dig through my business cards that I picked up while there and get you the name. Just to confirm, it is on the outskirts of Roppongi, walking distance from the Hilton there.
by Jenny rate this post as useful

Just some more confirmation on Gonpachi 2007/11/8 16:49
My name is Alex and have been living here in Tokyo for a little over 3 years. I married about 2 years ago to a japanese woman ( Hiroko ) She is very much an avid fan of the resauran. Based on the Japanese TV here, the word is put out that this restaurant was the inspiration for his building his set for the movie. The restaurant is also known famously ( or infamously depending on how you look at it ) for President Bush jr. visiting Tokyo and eating at this restaurant.
by Shoganai rate this post as useful

Reservation for gonpachi? 2007/11/9 09:46
I am planning to go to the Gonpachi nishi-azabu restaurant. Is it open daily for everybody or is it only for private parties ? I find the website not very clear on that point:

http://www.gonpachi.jp/en/nishi_azabu/home/location

Thanks!
by Vincent rate this post as useful

Kill Bill restaurant 2007/11/9 14:03
Apparently Gonpachi was the inspiration for the Kill Bill restaurant scene and features for a couple of seconds - the rest was filmed on set. Its absolutely worth a visit anyway - great food; prices and atmosphere. The Ninja restaurant is a novelty restaurant and quite expensive but worth visiting once.
by Mary rate this post as useful

To kill bill go to China 2007/11/30 05:39
Here is a little something on the location:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,501020916-3...

Tenshi
by Tenshi rate this post as useful

It's a good time 2007/11/30 08:12
I went to the restaurant when a friend came and visited. The staff was super nice. There were only 4 of us, and they had asked us to move to a smaller table in order to fit a larger party where we were originally sitting. So, they gave us a bunch of free sake in gratitude! Also, I thought the food was quite good, and it really wasn't that expensive. We had made reservations and only waited about 5 minutes or so at about 8.30 on a Saturday night. The restaurant was packed, so making reservations might be the smart way to go.
by Bob rate this post as useful

Is this the restaurant? 2007/11/30 09:59
by sgnick rate this post as useful

KILL BILL REST. 2008/8/12 20:55
My daughter has just phoned me from tokyo and said she was in the kill bill restaurant it is called Gonpachi.
by maureen stiven rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

reply to this thread