Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

Re: Where to see real tattooed yakuzas? 2013/9/24 05:26
Uco, you're right. It was the Sanja Matsuri as seen in this video.

At 1:12, you can see the Yakuza atop those carrying one of the mikoshi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHmbHzpFzJA
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Where to see real tattooed yakuzas? 2013/9/24 13:31
John,

I wrote "I will not .......". The key word is NOT means I will make sure they will not get irritated and I will not get into trouble. Maybe my English wrong ?
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to see real tattooed yakuzas? 2013/9/24 13:53
Your English is fine. John is just being a little dense in his reading comprehension.

That said, I think your plan is poorly thought out and on the border of being disrespectful to those you wish to observe.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to see real tattooed yakuzas? 2013/9/24 17:42
I don't see how a non-tattoeed person is considered respectful for going to a place with tattooed person ? As I mentioned, I will not offend or irritate anyone. You never know, they may be happy to be admired.
by Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to see real tattooed yakuzas? 2013/9/24 18:27
Sanja Matsuri is usually held in May, but a lot of festivals are held during summer and autumn.

Needless to say, keep in mind that parades are to be watched at while bathers are just there to bath and not to be watched. They're naked because they have no choice, not because that want to show it.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to see real tattooed yakuzas? 2013/9/24 19:01
Admittedly its a fuzzy line, but its easy to see how treating regular people as tourist attractions can be considered disrespectful, especially when the plan involves discreetly watching naked people in the bath.

But I think we are putting the cart before the horse here, as I suspect you are going to have a difficult time finding yakuza in the first place. The small neighborhood sento are probably your best bet, but even then the chances are low. I wouldn't go with the expectation of finding tattooed people so you won't be disappointed.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

reply to this thread