Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Re: Losing weight from Japanese food? 2015/3/3 20:19
lol yes Japanese food is a healthier than the U.S. But I think U.S. food tastes better. Foods are sweeter and saltier. Japanese dessert suck in my opinion and all the western foods in Japan have been adapted to meet the Japanese taste buds which is less sweeter and saltier than the U.S.

To each his own I guess? I personally loved the desserts in Japan. Subtle sweetness is my cup of tea.

As for Japanese food being less salty, I guess it all boils down to what kind of food you speak of.

If you think broiled fish, rice, sashimi and cold tofu, obviously the level of saltiness is low. But I food like ramen, onigiri (some are highly salted), miso and curry they're all pretty salty.
by tokidoki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Losing weight from Japanese food? 2015/3/5 00:59
Although the standard Japanese portion is small and the food is healthy, there are wall-to-wall treats available here.

Being a tourist in Tokyo means a lot of walking. You walk, you eat, you get fit.

I had two weeks of holiday (tired feet, slimmer). Then I sustained an injury. 3½ weeks sat on a futon with konbini snacks, plus some hobbling. I put on weight.

Stay mobile, you'll get fit. Just make sure you have comfy footwear, and maybe exercise a bit before you come, so your body is ready.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread