Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 5: Posts 21 - 40 of 85
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

Order from Japanese Version of menu 2005/7/12 00:00
I found that the menus are different. The good stuff is on the Japanese side. The average tourist swill is on the English side. (This was at the one near Daimon station in East Tokyo). I walked in and they assumed I could only speak Enlish, when I didn't see the avocado burger I wanted on the English menu, I flipped it over to the Japanese side and noticed that there are a few but significant items missing from the English side. Those are the good ones.
by Ike rate this post as useful

Re: wassup with MOS 2005/7/12 00:41
The discussions regarding fast food usually get a little heated. When somebody asks about McDonalds in Japan, many people suggest that they should try MOS burger instead while the people who honestly like McDonalds don't seem to care too much for MOS burger. It all comes down how important food is for you. Japanese people will happily travel a long way to try a local dish, but if you don't speak Japanese, eating in a restaurant can be a bit stressful and therefore it also happened to me that I popped into a McDonalds and just got a burger. I don't really care for fast food myself, but I like MOS Burger because it still has the local flavour. But to tell you the truth, I prefer to find a ramen or a curry place for a quick, but delicious lunch or an Izakaya restaurant for dinner. Make sure you try those as well when you visit Japan!!
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Not salesperson 2005/7/12 09:13
Oh, no. I am not a salesperson for MOS at all.
I just thought I seldom saw foerigners in MOS.
I wish I ate MOS overses.
And if I can say something, I would say, " I never think Mac is good and I never eat them."
by Zun rate this post as useful

MOS 2005/7/12 13:56
I first had a MOS Burger 4 years ago during a summer program in high school.I got to go back to Japan 2 years ago, and I made sure to introduce MOS Burger to the friend of mine I went with. I'll be going to Japan again on July 31st for a year, so I'll be sure to get my fill of MOS Burger while I'm there. :)
by Eric rate this post as useful

... 2005/7/12 17:39
I wish I ate MOS overses.

I believe there are MOS burger outlets in Hawaii, Taiwan and Singapore.
by Uji rate this post as useful

it tastes good 2005/8/15 09:08
my teacher went to japan and had a mos burger and her whole team loved it
by sam rate this post as useful

Why so different 2005/8/15 20:02
I`m a MOS fan (or saleman), however when over in Taiwan, last year, i had the most shocking MOS Burger, so beware.

Also back in Tokyo, we tried to order one of the dishes from the after 2:00pm, expensive menu and was told that it would take 14 mintues, can we call this fast food?

by jona rate this post as useful

the elusive mos burger 2005/8/15 23:13
When I went to Japan, one of my main things to do was to eat at Mos Burger. I saw them at places but I was not hungry at that time and and I was ready for a Mos Burger, I couldn't find them. I guess that's the reason I'm planning for another trip to Japan this winter.
by eddy rate this post as useful

It's great 2005/8/16 14:50
I love Mos Burger!!! It tastes so much more fresh than any other fastfood place. I love the burgers but even better are the new nan-tacos!
by ... rate this post as useful

Spicy Mos 2005/8/20 10:52
I'm a big fan of Spicy Mos burger - Ok the sauce drips - but they're really.. good.
The gobo burger is good too.

In 3.5 years in Japan I have tried McDonald 3 times -their teriyaki chicken is awful.
The bacon burger is edible
by tokyo_girl rate this post as useful

Love M 2005/8/20 21:40
We love Moss burgers!
by BB rate this post as useful

DROSS Burger 2005/8/20 23:51
I tried the MOS Burger in Kure, near Hiroshima.

It is clearly far far better than MacDonalds - and the fries were awesome. But in every honesty I found the burger to be a disappointment.
by Freeman rate this post as useful

both okay, but.... 2005/8/21 03:20
For Japanese people who are visiting the U.S. may I suggest that you try a filet mignon. It may cost over 2,000 yen, but it is the most tender cut of beef and cannot be found easily in Japan. Also for Americans and fast food junkies that are staying in Japan, May I suggest that you try Katsu don? It is a breaded and fried boneless pork chop that is marinated with green onions, sweet Japanese sauce and egg, served over a bed of rice. It's really good. You can also get the chicken version of it if you order Oyaku don. Also you may want to try ramen, curry rice, and tenpura with soba noodles. You might also want to try yaki tori bars, which can be described as mini chicken shishkabobs marinated in a slightly sweet sauce and charcoal barbequed. For the U.S. you may want to try Tacos Mexico and order the beef or carne asada tacos with the sauces on the side, try prime rib, Gumbo, Jambalaya, gyros, and baby back pork ribs. My point is that there is a wide array of foods out there and although I found that both Mos Burger and McDonalds can be good at times, they are not the best goods that either country has to offer. If you took the time to travel to a different country aren't you open minded enough to try local dishes and enjoy them? Why all this obsession over the mos chili burger and the big mac? For those who think that the cheeseburger is the best food in the world, are either of these better than Johnny Rockets, Red Robin, or Ruby's?
by sarahck rate this post as useful

worse than mcdonalds!?!?!?! 2005/8/21 20:45
umm, azumi how is that any different to mcdonalds burgers?
by gryphon rate this post as useful

Her we go again... 2005/8/21 21:41
Zun asks a simple question and good people answer with honest opinions. They all get the same old leture. When in Rome do as the Romans. How dare you eat Western food in Japan. Spare us please angry one.

Zun,
Moss burgers are excellant. Japanese hamburgers taste much different than American burgers though. I enjoy both versions.
On the West Coast, In and Out Burger is one of the hottest burger joints going. I took my Japanese Brother in law and he loved the burgers. Please try if you get a chance.
by ... rate this post as useful

taste? 2005/8/21 23:26
i love mos burger. i was told that they spent so much time experimenting and researching to create rice patties that are not sticky to the touch.
regarding americans who prefer mcdonalds/burgerking/etc.i conducted my univ thesis on japanese american food culture and found the following: americans are loosing their sense of taste. if it's not salty, sweet or bitter, they usually won't pick up on it hence the reason for sauce, sauce and more sauce. i have never heard an american say something like: they must have boiled chicken bones and herbs to get the broth before making this pasta sauce. i can't count how many times i've heard japanese comment on the intricacy of taste regarding the use of dashi. whatever floats your boat. just don't waist food.
by jemmi rate this post as useful

I Agree 2005/9/7 12:02
I have to agree with you Jemmi. Food in America is overly seasoned/salty and/or sweetened. For instance, I can't stand to eat teriyaki rice bowls Stateside because it is normally prepared way too sweet. Japanese teriyaki has more subtle flavoring and less like syrup. Deserts are overly sweetened in the States too.
At first I thought Japanese food was too bland, but, now I prefer it.
by BB rate this post as useful

The best burger in Japan! 2005/9/10 21:28
The best burger in Japan has got to be Kua 'Aina... it's not a major chain like MOS or McDo, but there are several locations...

You must must must try their burgers! They have locations in Yokohama and Odaiba...

That's just my two cents...
by rost rate this post as useful

Mos Burger 2005/9/21 13:23
I am Japanese. I like MOS BURGER, too. Especially, I like the atmosphere in the store. Though MOS BURGER is a fast food restaurant, the time passes slowly and everyone is smiling. and all the dishes on the menu is delicious. So I feel very happy. I hear that forerigners think MOS BURGER plain. I'd like to know what foreigners think of the taste.
by Muffy rate this post as useful

. 2005/9/25 08:27
asparagus, in a burger?!!! sorry, mos burger didn't really appeal to me after the first time.
by . rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 5: Posts 21 - 40 of 85
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread