Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 48
prev
1 2 3
next

thanks 2007/4/17 11:43
oic. okay! thank you so much for ur advice!
by kim rate this post as useful

Lavender in July... 2007/5/20 17:10
Can anyone advise when is the best date to visit Hokkaido for lavendar blossom.... kinda difficult to predictt, right?
by kptan rate this post as useful

... 2007/5/21 14:41
If I'm not wrong, I think most lavender would usually bloom by the second half of July. After lavender has bloombed, the next flower would to be in season would be sunflower. Now I have a similar question. Is late Sep or late Oct a better time to visit places like Rishiri, Rebun, Lake Akan and Shiretoko?
by linda rate this post as useful

... 2007/5/22 10:07
Lavender is usually best in the second half of July.

Here is a page that informs about the current state of lavendar:
http://www.furanotourism.com/flower/lavender/shisu.html

The numbers 5-10 indicate that the lavender is in bloom. 10 indicates full bloom.
by Uji rate this post as useful

July in Hokkaido 2007/6/8 17:59
In late July, other than Lavender, what other flowers are also blooming?
by Gill rate this post as useful

Autummn 2007/6/8 19:12
Uji san ..
Is there a link for autumn weather as well ?
by .... rate this post as useful

... 2007/6/10 14:45
What location, weather data and time period are you interested?

Hokkaido in winter 2007/6/19 14:15
Hi,I will like to visit Hokkaido from 27Nov to 10Dec. Can i know if it will be snowing by then? My main purpose is to see snow and to do skiing and snow-boarding probably :)
Also, where are the places that are a must-visit in Hokkaido? Was thinking of spending the entire journey there. Is it worth it? Or should i visit Osaka and Hokkaido together in the time period above?

Thanks alot!
by HY rate this post as useful

... 2007/6/22 19:00
Yes, several resorts should be open by late November.

Hokkaido in Sep 2007/7/4 22:10
Hi,
I was planning to visit hokkaido in Aug, but had to postpone the trip to Sep, due to work commitments.

Wonder if I'll still be able to catch the blooms?
by CH rate this post as useful

Lavender bloom 2007/7/31 18:01
hoping to catch the lavender bloom from 13th Aug to 24th August 2007. Will the bloom be available then?
by tohdj rate this post as useful

Lavender Bloom 2007/8/3 14:40
I went to hokkaido during summer last year, the lavender is in full bloom with perfect clear day on 2nd half july around day 21 - 23.
by alex rate this post as useful

end of Sept to Hokkaido 2007/8/22 12:38
is it a good time to visit Hokkaido between 22nd Sept to 5th Oct? What can we expect to see during this period?
by RL rate this post as useful

Info 2007/8/22 13:43
After RL question is answered, Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like in Sapporo, Hakodate, and near by areas as far as snow is concerned? I would like to travel from say Nov. 17-21. From research, I found that on average 9 inches? fall during November. Will I be able to move around, Whatout falling all over myself? Where I come from, Snow is nai.
by Mitsuo rate this post as useful

Hokkaido Itinery 2007/8/22 13:51
I'm planning a self-drive family holiday in Dec with 2 girls aged 6& 8. Intention is to travel to Osaka and then Hokkaido. Can anyone offer some advice whether the itinery looks ok?

Day 1 : Arrive in Osaka
Day 2 : Osaka : Kaiyukan + Castle
Day 3 : Universal Studio
Day 4 : Fly to Hakodate
Day 5 : Sapporo / Ishiya Chocolate Factory
Day 6 : Furano / Biei / Horokyu
Day 7 : Noboribetsu (Onsen Ryokan)
Day 8 : Lake Toya / Showa Shinzan
Day 9 : Fly home

Also any recommendations for accomodation? Hope to at least stay one nite in a ryokan. Where's a good location to set base andtravel from there? Really at a lost, pls help!
by Clover rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/22 18:44
is it a good time to visit Hokkaido between 22nd Sept to 5th Oct?

It is one of the best times of the year to visit Hokkaido with regards to the weather. You can also see autumn leaves.

Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like in Sapporo, Hakodate, and near by areas as far as snow is concerned? I would like to travel from say Nov. 17-21.

Sapporo: There is usually no or only very little snow in Sapporo around Nov 17-21 and even less so in Hakodate.

To give you an idea, here is the depth of snow in cm for the past few years on November 20 (first number is for Sapporo, second number for Hakodate):

2006: 0 cm - 0 cm
2005: 1 cm - 0 cm
2004: 0 cm - 0 cm
2003: 0 cm - 0 cm
2002: 0 cm - 2 cm
2001: 0 cm - 0 cm
2000: 21 cm - 0 cm

. 2007/8/24 14:12
Thanks Uji. I've been seeing conflicting info on this. Maybe I'll try to go in October when it won't be as cold. Still considering November, But people from Hawaii only see a low of about 65F. That's a 2 blanket night.
by Mitsuo rate this post as useful

go north or go south 2007/8/24 15:54
While some above questions may still be waiting answers I will jump in with one of my own.

I am planning a 3 week family journey through Hokkaido + Tohoku. We start on Sep 18, finish on October 8. The basic route spans between Sendai (Matsushima, actually) and the Shiretoko Peninsula.

My question: does it make more sense to start in Sendai and go northward, or start in Shiretoko (Memanbetsu airport) and make my way south? From a season/weather point of view, I mean.

It is to be a gently paced journey with baby, partly by rental car.

(Later I may start a thread with more specific itinerary questions.)
by Pericles rate this post as useful

... 2007/8/25 10:42
The autumn leaf sesaon usually reaches its peak in Hokkaido in late September to early October (earlier in higher elevations, and later in lower, southern locations and in above average mild years). That is just about when you plan to travel. On the other hand, you will probably be a little bit too early for autumn leaves in the Tohoku region.

I believe that you have a slightly higher chance of seeing autumn leaves at their peak if you travel from Sendai to Shiretoko rather than the other way around. So, that is what I personally would plan to do.

However, if you want to see autumn leaves in Daisetsuzan National Park and similar high elevations of Hokkaido, you may want to visit Hokkaido in mid to late September rather than early October.

The summer so far has been very hot. Although, it is too early to make forecasts, I feel that there is a high chance of this year's autumn leaf season to take place a little bit later than in average years.

Thanks 2007/8/25 11:06
Exactly the advice I needed to hear.
by Pericles rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 48
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread