Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

Re: Looking for my parents marriage certificate 2017/3/24 19:38
Why not skip the marriage certificate entirely and just go right to finding your mother, you have the birth certificate. There should be an office in Tokyo to help you directly.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for my parents marriage certificate 2017/3/24 21:28
unfortunately, there is no such a convenient office.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

off-topic 2017/3/25 01:04
Ron,

Thank you for your comment, but I was once looking for an old American friend, and non-Japanese posters on this forum were very helpful. I also found a lot about my great grandfather's immigration life in the U.S., without paying any fee. Sorry to barge in, but I just wanted to let people know that a lot of people around the world are very helpful too.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for my parents marriage certificate 2017/3/25 02:21
Sure there is Tocho (Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building ), it's in Shinjuku.
by PsyGuy rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for my parents marriage certificate 2017/3/25 03:47
Thank you all for your posts! You are so kind to take the time to help. I did try speaking to someone at the Tokyo Goverment building. The person there could not understand me. However, on another site it said you needed the prefecture or town to talk to the right people. Someone on this site did give me two possible cities in Tokyo that had a USAF base in 1954. I did find phone numbers for these two places. Now I need to find someone who can speak Japanese to see how I get a copy of the marriage and family register. The reason I'm not looking on the American side is because, from another person helping me, said I need my mothers specific last name in Japanese character and her birth date and where she was born for them to be able to look for her.
by Judy Hundt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for my parents marriage certificate 2017/3/25 09:34
they don't tell any information to a third person, by privacy law.
also, no one can get any personal information by phone.
you have to hire a lawyer, 弁護士 or 司法書士.

you have to show more personal information, if you want to have more.
where was you born ?
when and where did they divorce ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

reply to this thread