Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

Re: Advice 2017/4/4 12:31
Okay, I believe I understand now why Haka14 said what he said and Uco backing him up and agreeing. And why AK said do not apologize at all if you didn't do it, just say it was not you.

I watch the movie glimpigumpi recommend. I understand and I think I know how it works from Japan culture. In western culture we would apologize first and then say we didn't do it, but in Japan culture just say you didn't do it with no apologies from the beginning

It's hard for me to say this but My answer is Do not apologize... just say I didn't do it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice 2017/4/4 15:53
If you class Australia as a western culture. Then I'd disagree with you. I wouldn't apologize for something I didn't do. That is almost admitting you did it.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice 2017/4/4 20:24
In western culture we would apologize first and then say we didn't do it

I've lived in the United States and worked daily with people there and I disagree with the above statement. Again, what do you apologize for if you didn't do it? You can say "I sympathize." or "I feel sorry for what you are going through." but you just don't apologize for what you didn't do. I hope this is not a troll, because if it is, it's disgusting.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/apologize

by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Advice 2017/4/5 05:06
In western culture we would apologize first and then say we didn't do it

We might say "I'm sorry but I didn't do it." However, the "sorry" in that sentence is not an apology for the action, ie. groping, it's an "(I'm sorry but) you are mistaken".
by curious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice 2017/5/2 23:27
There's nothing wrong with a sincere apology if you really are true to yourself maybe she can accept your apologies. When things get worst go call your attorney.
by Kizuke rate this post as useful

Re: Advice 2017/5/3 06:52
Most importantly – never find yourself in this position to begin with. Keep your hands above your waist – holding the strap/bar with one hand, and the other arm bent at the elbow and pressed against your chest. Or holding a book or newspaper.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice 2017/5/3 13:07
never find yourself in this position to begin with. Keep your hands above your waist – holding the strap/bar with one hand, and the other arm bent at the elbow and pressed against your chest. Or holding a book or newspaper.

Nice idea, but obviously you've never been a perv. Or maybe you've never been on a super-crowded train as a short person. No offence intended.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Advice 2017/5/3 19:26
No offense taken...

Yes, I am tall, so my advice may not work for a super short person - but should still work for a person of height that matches the typical female. And, if I were a perv, my advice wouldn`t work in that area, which of course would still be good.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

reply to this thread