Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

Re: EikoPiko 2017/5/9 08:57
I'm someone who believe in priority. If he wants to reply, I'm sure he will make time.
I'm sorry but you'llao have to to take it at face value. I had learnt the hard way so that's my 2 cents on it.

People on this forum kept saying "japanese " because that's why we're on this forum to know more about them. Right?

I agree with this. Priorities.

And I actually don't consider this to be a Japanese thing but people do say they avoid confrontation this way. Not only them but they make a habit out of it or a social trend of a sort.
by A girl from Peninsula rate this post as useful

Re: Tomodachi 2017/5/9 09:02
I think he should have replied once at least even if he was the busiest person on Earth. It take less than a minute to reply. But hey! he might has a reason for his absence. I agree with everyone else, try sending him a Hello message on Facebook and see what happens.

This is actually my point. I don't believe in this "busy" thing and this is why I posted on here. Other reason why I posted here is because I don't see a reason for him to disappear either. Not at least in this way.

Re: Japanese language partner's disapperence 2017/5/9 10:36
"And I actually don't consider this to be a Japanese thing but people do say they avoid confrontation this way. Not only them but they make a habit out of it or a social trend of a sort."

It's not that I'm saying it's a japanese thing. But my fear it's going to be a japanese thing as they might be like too polite to say they want to stop and end up stringing you instead, which is worse.
And I'll always be confused about this. And they don't say "No" usually or so I've heard. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
by EikoPiko rate this post as useful

Re: EikoPiko 2017/5/9 14:31
Not wrong really. I actually hangout with Japanese people from time to time and I have seen some things I consider childish. In adults. Like not saying they don't want to go but running away from the group like a small kid. This is me describing an actual event.
They never say no and they are never really honest. And this is something I dislike. It's confusing and in a way not very adult-like.

Re: Japanese language partner's disapperence 2017/5/9 15:08
However, I find it weird that after 7 months of everyday texting someone just stops replying without actually saying "Hey, I won't be online anymore so often...I'm busy".

I thought you wrote that he said he became busy with work and house issues.

The difference is that "natural consequence" is not set up. It's forced if you plan the "fading away". Which in this case, sounds like he did.

Hmm, to me they both equally seem like a result of changing priorities, except that maybe in the former case both parties change priorities at the same time.

He actually doesn't post (on facebook) often at all.

He's truly busy then. It makes total sense to me. Anyway, I think I've written all I need to, although I don't seem to be making myself clear to you.

OP wrote to EikoPiko;
They never say no and they are never really honest. And this is something I dislike. It's confusing and in a way not very adult-like.

I understand what you mean, and I'm sorry that you're confused by it, but in Japan that precisely is considered the adult-like way. But to be honest, it's considered the adult-like way in the U.S., too, where I lived and still have friends in. Children would straightforwardly say no. And it may hurt people to give a straight-in-the-face no. On the other hand, adults say that they're busy or have something else to do, and the other adult is supposed to "sense" from his/her experience that the person meant that his/her priorities are set on other things. Because if you've lived long enough, you usually know that adults need to do many things at the same time and they can't be focusing on socializing.

But again, I don't really think that what your partner is doing is unusual or rude or not international or what not. I think that very few adults truly have the time to communicate with someone on a daily basis. It's really time consuming. They need to slow it down if they have a life. But that doesn't mean that they want to give up the relationship.

I'm afraid I have to (I'll write it straightforwardly) resign from this thread, because I'm mentioning the same thing over and over again.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

reply to this thread