Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

Re: Weather around Matsumoto in early April 2018/2/9 18:08
I really appreciate your help. I'm slowly working through the places you suggested. It looks like there are some very good options. Thanks again.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Weather around Matsumoto in early April 2018/2/10 20:36
by the way, almost forgot:
there is one thing more that you can try in the matsumoto area (since you are on a tasting trip):
near matsumoto is the only area in japan, where they produce somehow decent (white) wine. it is sometimes called "alps wine" or similar and you should get it in most restaurants.
Shiojiri is a small town next to Matsumoto, also famous for the wine, where you could visit some wineries.

by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Weather around Matsumoto in early April 2018/4/10 21:46
Reporting back...
Staying in Izumiso tonight in Asama Onsen after a day and a half in lovely Matsumoto. Therefs a fantastic Yayoi Kusama exhibition on at the moment. Canft recommend it highly enough, and the city has been welcoming and lovely.
Weather has been almost too warm (if youfd packed for cold weather, as we did!) ;0) , we had a great tour of the miso factory, and tomorrow wefre off to the wasabi farm!
Happy days!
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Weather around Matsumoto in early April 2018/4/11 15:08
Thanks for the report and continue to enjoy the trip. I really envy you (sitting currently working in Vienna). :-)
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Weather around Matsumoto in early April 2018/4/11 18:01
Thanks for posting a follow-up.

Matsumoto's a great place, with lots of wonderful things that most visitors never take the time to enjoy.
And Izumiso in Asama Onsen is a very nice place.

Have a great time on your visits to the miso factory and the wasabi farm!
by Matsumoto Resident (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

reply to this thread