Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 30 of 30
prev
1 2

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 00:08
"I'm sure about it, both of us can work, I mean she works, and I can work ad freelance for an European company if I want"

You still need a sponsor since your income comes from Europe.

"They were suspicious at beginning of course, but after we met they were completely ok with me. "

Man, you been together like 3 weeks. You likely met them 2 times. Don't you think something is wrong in this?
by ACF82 rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 00:26
I can work also for a Japanese company(and I can prove it to the immigration), is up to me if I prefer to work at home as freelancer or not.

Is not ordinary, yes, but this means only bad things? Honestly, I can understand what you say, but do you think she is using me for some bad reasons?

Also with a long distance relationship (I cannot get a working visa now), I cannot meet her parents more often then now. In that case we can meet like twice a year for a 2 week or so..so in theory you have been in a relationship for a year or more, but in reality, if you sum up all the days spent together maybe you reach like 3 months. In my opinion there is no better way to live together to understand if you can stay with the person or not. The long distance relationship is not relevant
by Hms (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 00:49
I can work also for a Japanese company(and I can prove it to the immigration), is up to me if I prefer to work at home as freelancer or not.

Would the company be willing to sponsor you? Or they don't want to go through the hassle?

Kind of ironic comparing your case with mine, because I have been together with my Japanese wife more than 10 years (for about 4 of those years I was actually living in Japan) before to get married, and I was afraid the immigration could find that suspicious and think we were just sort of friends that "agreed" to get married so I could move there.

by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 00:55
"Is not ordinary, yes, but this means only bad things? Honestly, I can understand what you say, but do you think she is using me for some bad reasons? "

No didn't mean that. Hopefully you two will live your life together for the next 50 years!. I'm Italian as well, married a Japanese women.

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 09:41
I can work ad freelance for an European company if I want
Only if you are allowed to stay in the country, and self sponsored visas (status of residence) are difficult. It is not your choice.
IF, by some miracle or error Immigration granted a spouse visa, it might be for a year. Alternatively, they might also investigate you for marriage fraud because that is a crime and your heartwarming romance rings lots of alarm bells.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 10:17
Is not easy to get 3 years at the first step if you don't have a working visa already I guess. I'm completely fine with one year and then ask for an extension.
I knot is not my choice, I mean, after l get the visa I can do that. I know the ceo of the European company and they would be glad to work again with me.

They can investigate as much as they want actually, they could even come to my apartment everyday to check us lol

Thank you. As we both are Italian I can understand your way of think

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 13:52
Under the right circumstances it is easy to get a 3 years visa. When my wife and I decided to move to japan we were not even married. We got married in here while i was on a tourist visa. But we had proofs of our relationship going back 5 years +. When we lived in the UK she had a partnership visa as a family member of an EU national (me), it was stamped on her passport. We had rent contracts with both our names on it. Last but not least we have a child together. So it was pretty easy for immigration to work it out.

In your case the key is the sponsorship. Is her father really willing to sponsor you after you met once? If so i would say you have good chances to get spouse visa. But if that is not the case and you count on working as freelance for some European companies then forget about it. Pictures of you together with family are just irrelevant since were taken like a week ago.

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 14:01
The child I think helps a lot in this case, and depends on the case of course. All of my friends could get only a 1 year, which for me is enough for now, I know my situation isnt easy so I can consider myself lucky even with 1 year. I don't have any problem about a future extension.

No of course, the freelance job is just to proof to her father that I don' need any money from them to live. I want to write in the form about the Japanese company willing to hire me, as a proof that event if I have a sponsor and a guarantor, I have my own salary.

I know maybe you did it many year ago, but could you tell me one thing?
about the form, her father must be mentioned in the sponsor section or guarantor section?

I think we will try by ourself this time and see, so I don't want to make any mistake in the application, if it will be denied I will come back here as tourist and apply again a change of status around august.

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 14:25
"about the form, her father must be mentioned in the sponsor section or guarantor section?"

Both, the first visa i requested. As i work for European company, couldn't really prove my income when i first move. For the extension, after 3 years, didn't need any sponsor since i could prove income, taxes etc...

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 14:57
Thanks.

So in the sponsor I will put my wife and also her father.
And her father as guarantor.
Thank you.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 30 of 30
prev
1 2

reply to this thread