Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/4/13 10:45
I'm japanese living in Tokyo.
As everyone said it's not a good timing for travel. We guess that the situation will not change dramatically in May.
You can claim the air company but
you also need to be more attentive with the cancellation policy.
For now if foreigners enter Japan they must be quarantined for 14days. Then you will be free but imagine travel fees plus this hotel fees, it will be over your original travel budget.
Think carefully.
by hikari54 rate this post as useful

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/4/16 06:25
I am malaysian that are stucked in tokyo and you're planning to travel to japan in the middle
Of the outbreak ? RM499 is not worth it and accept the lost , FML
by Alexis (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/4/19 00:40

Japan enters 1st weekend under nationwide state of emergency

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/04/c3fb0825dc56-japan-enters-1...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/5/6 10:35
You should cancel if you can. I think this would be a valid claim for refunds or rescheduled trips. Though some airlines suck. My sisterfs trip (planned last year) also got cancelled and it was converted to a voucher or refund.

It was unfair in the way that the voucher was only meant for this year but, of course, it would be pretty unsafe to travel. My sister took the refund real quick.
by MarLion rate this post as useful

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/5/7 07:56
Read the following carefully if you have not already cancelled your trip.
https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/5/7 08:37

Japan extends virus state of emergency until May 31
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200504/p2g/00m/0na/045000c
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/5/27 22:58
Maybe OP stopped replying because people were hurling insults. I also hate those who travelled irresponsibly so I have kinda mixed feelings about this matter. Anyway, if you still come back here OP cancel the trip for another month/year, learn kanji or so. If anyone can recommend something for him to do, like bake a fluffy pancake or watch an anime instead of heading to Japan itself.
by Utagawa rate this post as useful

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/6/2 15:56
Man, this pandemic cost us so much time and lives. On the other hand, it is said that those from Thailand, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand have better chances to be allowed to the country this June. I understand wanting to leave for a trip but living is slightly a better option.
by Aurearea rate this post as useful

Re: Any travel restriction in early May 2020/6/2 16:55
Aurearea,
According to the news, the government is considering to begin discussions this month (June) about possibly allowing business travelers from those four countries, to begin sometime in the summer. The incoming travel ban is currently in effect till the end of June, so I donft think it will happen this month.
And yes I agree living is the better option.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

reply to this thread