Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 76
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/10/27 12:25
Isn't my guess true!?^^

You didn't provide any supporting evidence and I doubt you will. So no.

Feel free to come back here when the borders reopen and apologise for scaremongering.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/10/28 03:37
Everything is uncertain right now so it is difficult to be sure when exactly will be safe to travel when each country will open for tourism and etc.

I'm also planning to travel to Japan next year, but I'm not marking any dates yet, just in case.
The best thing is to stay up to date with the news and be patient.

I really hope we can go there soon!
by Mark (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/10/31 00:45
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/10/31 06:14
The article lined by @. (guest) is just one of several announcements and moves to re-open the borders. I even received an invitation to a seminar about tourism re-starting in January, but I think the people promoting that have mis-read the official announcements. The point is that the Japanese Government is working on re-opening the borders to travel, and that they are doing it progressively. The current moves are not the return to mass tourism of January 2020, but a long way from locked shut borders.
Also in the region, Singapore is allowing tourists again.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/1 00:06

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3107678/sing...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/2 06:37

Also IN THE REGION???? Japan to Singapore is about the same distance as London to Boston. Never thought about Boston being in the same region as London (at least in the last 247 years). They don't even fancy tea over there. ;-)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/2 07:25
@LikeBike, when you come from a country like New Zealand or Australia you might realise "in the region" has some different definitions. NZ to anywhere is basically three hours flying time, and I used to commute four hours between Wellington to Melbourne for several years. To me, Singapore isn't far and I guess around six hours flying time, but also remember Asia is a lot larger than Europe or North America - maybe I should use a bigger map and then it might not look so close :)

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/3 07:56
I don't know if it is fake news, but it would seem your reading comprehension could use some work since everything in the article is written in a speculative manner regarding a proposed plan to reopen in April.
by Goober (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/5 20:35
When JP government announce a date/time frame to the public, they generally will do everything they can to match that date, even if not official, it is very likely to occur unless something very extreme happens.
If you think about the Olympic schedule, they will need to open tourism in the spring regardless.
by f (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/5 21:13
But only for Olympic visitors :(
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/6 01:37
Sporting events have been happening behind closed doors since summer in Europe. We can't just say that they "need" to open tourism before the games. They will do so if they believe it makes sense to do so from a public health perspective. While all possibilities may remain, it seems more likely that the games will take place with no spectators or at the most limited spectators. Stadiums full of thousands of people from all corners of the globe? Forget about it. Not going to happen. This is obviously just my opinion and I don't work for the govenment but I'll be amazed if anyone has a convincing counter-argument.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/6 06:05
BTW, https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/cp/page22e_000925.html
Government of Japan, back in June, announced phased measures to re-open the borders. "phased" That's what they have been working on and continue to do so. The official announcements and documentation from the MoFA backs that up.
As for when tourism will return, technically that is possible already, and easier for some countries than others, but still not large scale or very practical for most people. When it will move to another stage of relaxation, we have to wait and see.

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/9 22:31
JapanCustomTours,

How was that possible? :-)
https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/f1/jaapanisse-kohale-soitnud-juri-vip...

Link is in Estonian language, short summary-translation: However, Jüri Vipsil, who went to Japan, will not start in Super Formula (he was supposed to drive in FIA Formula 2 team). He has already spent 2 weeks in mandatory quarantine.

So, what kind of a sport result should 45 year old and little bit overweight man :-) have to have a chance to visit Japan? As i know, currently it is supposed to be forbidden for Estonian citizens travel to Japan?

Best regards,
Lauri
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/10 06:28
Said racing driver didn't enter Japan for tourism purposes. Which is why he would have got into the country. This is the difference you need to understand. A 45yo that is slightly overweight wanting to sightsee isn't the priority now.

But clearly a behind the scenes error has happened and the team isn't allowing him to drive. Which isn't stated, but clearly has something to do with his entry into the country.

Also the article doesn't state WHERE the Estonian arrive from. Yes Estonia is on the banned list. But if he spent more than 14 days in a country that isn't on the banned list, before traveling to Japan, then that would have been okay.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/10 08:33
@Lauriandres - it is pretty simple to anyone reading the news that Japan has many visitors and arrivals, some that do not even do the quarantine. BUT, they are not arriving as tourists.

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/10 14:38
Japan doesnt really look at covid situation that much on these decisions, but more focus on timelines and economic situation.
Since they said they want next April-ish, it will almost be of 100% certain that it will happen.

Currently, if you travel for business purposes, you do not need quarantine or have any restrictions.
by I (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/10 14:42
"Currently, if you travel for business purposes, you do not need quarantine or have any restrictions."

Completely false. Read Section 2 here: https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html

"All nationals arriving from the countries and regions listed in paragraph 1 above within 14 days prior to their application for landing into Japan are subject to conducting of COVID-19 tests for the time being."

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/10 14:44
Sorry, posted a bit too early - next important point:

"All nationals arriving from all regions are called upon to wait 14 days at a location designated by the quarantine station chief and to refrain from using public transportation for the time being."

I.e., 14-day quarantine is required, and a COVID test as well. This is regardless of visa. Why on earth would being a business traveller make you exempt?? Can you not contract the disease if you are a business person? Clearly I'm in the wrong profession!

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/10 16:39
H and JapanCustomTours:

My point was, that if a racing driver is allowed to entry, then probably everybody else can enter assuming the documentation is OK? All i need is a company, who invites me (i.e my business entity - and everybody in EU can create a business entity) to present my hyper-super "Hello World" program (i work as an IT Engineer in my country) assuming it is fine for me to first stay 14 days in quarantine?

Of course, neither my salary nor travel fever is that high to endure something like that. :-)

BR,
Lauri
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourism reopens in April = fake news? 2020/11/10 18:00
If you read Section 3 in the link I posted above, it details visa requirements, namely that they are largely suspended. If you do not already have a visa, you will not be able to apply for and receive one currently.

Seriously, just be patient. Don't try to look for loopholes (e.g. "but a race car driver did it!"). Immigration won't see that as a good reason! Section 7 of the link does say that there are "special exceptions", but these are not the norm and not something the average person could apply for.

Business travel to Japan will open before general tourism, so if that is your aim just be patient and the time will eventually come.

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 76
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread