Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 6: Posts 21 - 40 of 114
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

help 2006/1/2 15:58
i wanted to know if one anyone knew where to get the lyrics for bands like mucc or despars ray and gazzete in jap and in english prefferably and also if u can buy theur albums in australia
by james rate this post as useful

J-rock 2006/1/19 12:12
Well.... X-Japan is my fav band ever so....
X-Japan (everything they have is amazing)
hide
Malice Mizer (I specialy like Merveilles)
Dir en Grey (Gauze and Kisou)
Lareine
Luna Sea
D

L'arc is good but is more pop than rock....
by Seika rate this post as useful

who else is similar? 2006/1/19 16:21
I really like D'espairs Ray, so far, who else sounds kinda like them?

Thanks!
by rockgurl rate this post as useful

Doumo! 2006/1/19 16:23
BTW, thanks to everyone who has posted bands on here! I love how helpful everyone is here!

Thanks again!
by rockgurl rate this post as useful

Other recommendations 2006/2/24 13:54
I would also recommend Hotei (Hotei Tomoyasu, his full name), who is one of the two greatest guitarists Japan has produced (Char being the other, but he's not as "heavy" a rocker as Hotei) and the now-defunct Ziggy. You can usually find albums from both of them in discount shops for 500-750 yen. Hotei is still very active, by the way, just released a new album.

Also check out the Hi-Lows. Very good rock band, just released a best-of album, you may be able to listen for free at your local Tower records (or similar).
by Bones rate this post as useful

.. 2006/2/26 06:54
if u want to stay upto date just type in oricon in google, it keeps weekly music charts, or go to youtube.com and type in utawara, the shows are always updated, and you can listen to the songs
by lost in bc rate this post as useful

blue hearts 2006/2/28 04:26
how about ƒU ƒuƒ‹ ƒnƒc?
the blue hearts are brilliant punk rock! kind of like the japanese clash! proper music!
by me rate this post as useful

japanese rock is the best !! 2006/3/2 01:03
you can go on www.youtube.com and look for anyone of the bands that everyone named to try their music... Sex machineguns, onmyouza, Malice Mizer, Psycho le Cemu, Janne Da arc, raphael are my favorites...but the must is for sure X japan!!
by himitsu rate this post as useful

lyrics 2006/3/2 01:07
by himitsu rate this post as useful

jrock!!! 2006/3/17 04:05
best jrock band ever is Dir en grey - was at their concert in Berlin and they're amazing!!!! Favourite albums are Withering to Death, Vulgar and the new single Clever Sleazoid. Other bands i like are l'arc en ciel, Hyde (vocalist from l'arc en ciel gone solo), Pierrot, Buck-tick (probably one of the oldest bands but still very very very good), Sakurai Atsushi (vocalist from Buck-tick gone solo) and Despairs Ray. Kagrra and Nightmare are also very good.
by Kira rate this post as useful

My favs 2006/4/18 06:17
Madd 3
Guitar Wolf
Malice Mizer
Dir en grey
Triceratops
X japan
Balzac
Gackt
FECTUS (only in japan at times)

Thhese are My favorites =)
by XTRAO rate this post as useful

Jrock. 2006/4/19 07:55
Jrock/jpop:
Diru.
Gazette.
Kagrra.
Miyavi.
Malice Mizer.
X-Japan.
Kra.
Nightmare.
Antique Cafe.
Alice Nine.

There are so many more it's not even funny.
These are just the more common names you'll hear.
by Casey rate this post as useful

good bands 2006/4/25 11:01
The black mages are awesome... i dont know what you consider metal.. but check them out. they are all great musicians.
by mosaic rate this post as useful

.... 2006/4/27 12:16
Eastern Youth
by Josh rate this post as useful

playing in Japan 2006/4/29 07:59
There is a new line up band from uk called Tempest releasing new album out there which sounds like your music maybe.I believe they may tour there. Check them out www.myspace.com/tempestrock
by Jonny rate this post as useful

nightmare 2006/6/11 22:00
im looking for a place to purchas nightmares cds for my daughter if you could direct me to a web site thank you
by sonja rate this post as useful

to get cds 2006/6/12 05:05
you can get nightmare cds on ebay, or you can go to amazon.com.jp or yesasia.com both of these sites are good. I've bought things from both of them.
by nightmare fan rate this post as useful

gotta agree... 2006/6/12 11:29
with the recommendation of Dir en Grey...
they really don't care how you "spell" there name in Roaji characters...
If you have a chance to catch a live, by all means go!
They are great guys. I had the pleasure of working with them recently. Dedicated musicians and cool people.
If you are looking for something MORE intense, I can recommend many VERY hard core bands...
by Umi rate this post as useful

band 2006/6/12 14:48
I kinda like high and mighty color, though it isn't really a metal/rock band I think. ^^
by Yrja rate this post as useful

overload 2006/6/16 07:16
i'm still working my way through the bands on JapanFiles.com -- favorites so far are
Guitar Vader
Limited Express
Swinging Popsicle
Poplar
mothercoat

seems to me a lot of the bands mentioned in the posts previous are cooler older bands
by Dave rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 6: Posts 21 - 40 of 114
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread