Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 52
prev
1 2 3
next

Reply about Kanji Game 2007/2/13 08:12
Several students in my Japanese classes at my university use that game. its quite helpful. I think I am about to buy a DS just for that kanji dictionary.
by Makoto rate this post as useful

Another DS game 2007/4/11 14:15
There is another game for Nintendo DS with a very long title:

Zaidan Houjin Nippon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Koushiki Soft: 200 Mannin no KanKen: Tokoton Kanji Nou

Does anyone have this? Is it useful?

I've been studying some kanji for a while now, but I want more practice reading and writing, and of course learn more kanji. I read that this game sometimes accepts the wrong kanji, but does it happen often enough to be useless?
by Confused rate this post as useful

200man-nin game 2007/4/16 05:16
if you check thejapanshop.com, they have a nice video about the 200man-nin game. it really helped me decide which game would be right for me. i've also purchased the kanji sono mama rakuhiki jiten and it is really a lifesaver. stroke order is really important when writing kanji, so it also teaches you to think about things like that.
i'd definitely recommend both of those games to anyone really serious about studying kanji... while keeping it fun^_^.
the 200man-nin game is definitely not for beginners though. if you know anywhere from 200-500 kanji already though, it's well worth the money.
by Tori rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/4/16 15:18
Thanks for the link and your insight Tori. It was really helpful.

I got Rakuhiku Jiten last week and I love it. I think I'll get the 200 man-nin game as well.
by Confused rate this post as useful

Chinese hanzi? 2007/4/28 05:51
Does someone know if there's a Chinese hanzi version of these games?

I would buy a DS and the games if the interface was in English or Mandarin, but not Japanese...
by xibanyaren rate this post as useful

Kanji game 2007/4/28 08:46
just so the Video about this 200 Man Kanji game.

I MUST HAVE IT !!!!

It is probably the best Game since it has levels from 10 (beginner) to level 1(proficiency, maybe) ^-^

How about learning Japanese the fun way :P
by Kage rate this post as useful

Kanji game 2007/4/28 09:06

Copy:

http://www.thejapanshop.com/product.php?productid=17069&cat=333&page=1

Brings you exactly to that 200 Man Kanji Game (for DS) video.

Ganbatte!!! and see you at the JLPT exams or in Japan ^_^
by Kage rate this post as useful

diccionary 2007/5/11 21:08
to a previous posted answer about which is better between ds kanji software and a real “d‹CŽ«‘, honestly if you are just beggining your studies and wanna catch some interest, the ds is perfect, but if u are advanced as in, studying for lvl 2 or 1 id recomend a real “d‹CŽ«‘ much more as in you can just jump from all of its functions very easy, ex: go from an unkown kanji to the readings, or a word to ist japanese definitions, or that word to synonims or example sentences, and many other stuff.
PLUS the kanji sonno mama uses the genius dictionaries, some electronic diccionaries use the genius too but the unabridge version + the other much more advanced diccionaries. and most of the new ones have also writting recognition system, WHICH is awesome, as long as u draw something that looks like the kanji u want, it will guess it most of the time.
by Oscar rate this post as useful

I really want to learn Japanese 2007/6/22 00:11
Hi! I've been reading all your comments about Japanese "games" for DS, but I think my case is more difficult, so I'm from spain and my English is not very good at all, but I really love to learn Japanese. Can someone tell me which of those "games" could be the best for me, and of course where can I find it?. It doesnt matter if its in English, so I can understand it.
by devilxever rate this post as useful

Comparisons 2007/6/22 10:57
Can someone describe the interface, uses, and advantages of each of these games?

*DS Rakuhiki Jiten
*Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten
Kageyama Method - Dennou *Hanpuku: Tadashii Kanji Kaki to Rikun
*Shikakui Atama wo Maruku *Suru: DS Kanji no Shou
by niko-chan (nicole) rate this post as useful

No title. 2008/2/2 20:47
Google's the mother of all information. Guys. And girls.

"Best NDS Japanese learning games for Dummies"

Ganbatte! ^.^~
by Suzanne rate this post as useful

even more of a dummy... 2008/2/3 23:12
It's so weird that I never saw this post before - I was saying to my bf just yesterday how the DS would be perfect for learning Japanese...

However - my Japanese skills are nowhere near good enough to use one of those games mentioned earlier. I can speak pretty fluently, but never learned to read/write. I can only read very basic kana at the moment, and wouldn't be able to use a game where all the intructions were in Japanese. I see the 'learn spanish' etc games on the shelves, which are for english people trying to learn spanish/french etc. I wonder if there is anything of a similar level (basically for a kid!) in Japanese. Maybe even just to help become more comfortable with hiragana & katakana - then maybe I could prgress to learning some kanji....

*fingers crossed!*
by furan rate this post as useful

DS games in Tokyo? 2008/3/15 02:53
- is there any specific place or shop that sells NDS games?

- preferably at Ikebukuro, Shibuya or Harajuku?

hehe i will be in Japan in May.. yeah~~
by glam_anna rate this post as useful

Shops to buy NDS games 2008/3/15 08:58
Hi,

In Shibuya there is Don Quijote, which sells NDS games. But I mainly buy my games from the big electronics chains Yodobashi camera and Bic camera. They're in Shinjuku, which isn't too far from Harajuku / Shibuya. I think they may have stores in Ikebukuro, but I havent been there.
by Kamran rate this post as useful

YES ASIA 2008/3/17 09:43
If you go to www.yesasia.com they have asian games,movies, music. This where I brought my nintendo DS and my kanji games and Cooking Mama japanes version game also.
by Jennifer rate this post as useful

Yodobashi/Bic in Tokyo 2008/4/7 17:26
glam_anna:

There is a ton of electronic stores in Akihabara, but there is also a Yodobashi in Shibuya and Shinjuku. I don't know about Ikebukuro but I checked Yodobashi's website and didn't see anything for that area. There is also a bic camera in shinjuku.
by Luthe_N rate this post as useful

Bic 2008/4/7 21:23
Bic Camera's main store is in Ikebukuro, I don't think there is a Yodobashi in Ikebukuro though.
by TheRage800 rate this post as useful

another one? 2008/4/10 01:48
Has anyone tried ''The dokodemo kanji kuizu''? I picked it up last time I was in Japan, and it's pretty good, although too advanced for beginners.

BTW, I really appreciate the dialogue on this subject! Very helpful in narrowing down the next one I want to buy!
by lf rate this post as useful

kanji games for the ds 2008/10/2 01:21
I haven't tried ''The dokodemo kanji kuizu'' but I have tried ''Nazotte...'' and it is very good.

A new game is coming out aimed specifically at those who have English as their first language. It is called ''My Japanese Coach.''

More details are available here: http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/tag/japanese-language-s...
by acase rate this post as useful

DS games on Australian handsets? 2008/10/5 13:36
I have bought my DS lite here in Australia...will I be able to buy DS games in Japan, or are their region differences? All of these games sound awesome but I don't wanna buy something that won't play on my machine!! Will be in Japan soon....so should I buy my games before I go or wait to see what is there?
by Aleph rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 52
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread