Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

can we apply for permanent visa? 2008/6/5 19:57
hi..just wondering if it is possible that we could also have a permanent visa since my mom got married to a japanese?..(step dad),my mom already have a permanent visa..the problem is everytime were going to japan we need to apply tourist visa..she wants us to have a permanent visa as well so that we could live there for good..if you have any suggestion...pls. do so..THANK YOU.....
by kai rate this post as useful

PR and re-entry permit 2008/6/5 20:34
DigitalGhost,

If you manage to get a PRV for Japan, do you lose it if you leave the country for a set period of time (like the 2 year rule in the UK) or is it a permanent feature?

You can leave the country for up to three years provided you have a re-entry permit.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Permanent residence 2008/6/5 20:38
Kai,

hi..just wondering if it is possible that we could also have a permanent visa since my mom got married to a japanese?

As the name suggests, a permanent residence visa is for people residing in Japan for a long period - not for people who are just visiting. Generally, you need to have been living in Japan continuously for 5 to 10 years before you qualify for permanent residence. If you are a minor and a parent has permanent resident status, then you may qualify for a dependent visa. Check out the Japanese immigration website for details.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

give birth 2008/8/31 15:03
hi, my husband is japanese,i'm from europe, we are married almost a year now and i'm in 4th month of pregnancy. when i give birth to my child, can i apply for long stay term visa? or it's just doesn't matter or the only what counts is period of stay in county?
by Lene rate this post as useful

... 2008/8/31 15:11
Lene,

If you are married to Japanese, regardless of whether you have a child or not, you can apply for "Spouse of Japanese national, etc." visa, normally called Spouse Visa. This may be granted for six months, one year or three years - as long as you live in Japan, you can continue to apply for renewal of this visa. And after you have lived in Japan under this Spouse visa for five years or so, you can think about applying for the "Permanent Resident" status.
by AK rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

reply to this thread