Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 31 of 31
prev
1 2

Old post 2008/10/13 16:14
Oh well, the original question was posted a year and a half ago, so she has probably been in Japan for some time now. With any luck she will be a bit more open-minded now and have realised that it isn't the end of the world if you can't get a particular clothing brand...
by Sira rate this post as useful

Can't help it... 2008/10/30 20:13
Well, too bad she lives in Kyoto, if she lived here in Tokyo then in just a few more months the first branch of A&F in Asia will be in Ginza. I'm 15 and honestly, it's not the end of the world if you can't get A&F. There's always Barney's, H&M, ZARA, GAP, Diesel, and so much more! I'm not sure about Kyoto but here in Tokyo we pretty much have the must-have clothing stores.
by Kaoru rate this post as useful

well 2008/11/17 21:36
i live in japan as well for about 7 months. i live up north in freakin Aomori which sucks. and i luv A&F :]i've been around japan and i tend to just see A&F in random places.
there is a store that sells A&F in a big outdoor mall in Sasebo. It's kinda far from where you are. I have heard rumors of an A&F to be built in the Ginza district in 2009. There is a Lacost store in the Harajuku district if you like lacoste. i really wish A&F had an outlet here...
by Isaac rate this post as useful

meh 2008/11/22 05:12
Meh, to be honest, Japanese brand clothing has a much better selection and is way more stylish than America ever is, but... to each his own I suppose..
by ... rate this post as useful

a/f in japan?... 2008/12/28 16:04
well,just today i went to an A/F store located in osu nagoya.i mean not really an a/f store but most of their products were a/f.imagine,i just would like to see the price @ the owner told me "products can`t be touched".oh my god! well,his reasons are...there are a lot of fake products right now so he`s really proud that all of their a/f were real. @ there are no a/f stores here in japan.although you can also order through online. @ i was so surprised with the price.imagine a winter jacket cost Y62000 i myself always browses online for any brands @ i think well some of the comments here were right japan really is too expensive.i`m an ed hardy addict @ it really saddens me how different the prices is compared to u.s. ed hardy`s...an A/F store located in osu nagoya...
by amore rate this post as useful

Abercrombie & Fitch store in Japan 2009/10/1 12:58
Hi, I live in Tokyo now. I usually shop in Ginza, then I happened to find a building with Abercrombie & Fitch Logo a couple days ago!!! There was no sign that tells when the store will be open, but I AM 200% sure that the store will be open very soon. I can't wait to shop there.
by everwhite (guest) rate this post as useful

a&f 2009/10/1 15:08
Was it this building?

http://www.selldorf.com/selected_projects/retail/abercrombie_japan.htm

Looks like its scheduled to open in December 2009, and was confirmed about a year ago:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=61701&p=irol-newsArticle_p...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

A&F In Tokyo 2009/10/17 09:12
Tokyo flagship: A&F anticipates the opening its first ever Asian retail location in December 15,[63] 2009.[2][55][56][64][65] This retail space will mark the first step of the A&F brand into Asia. The location is in glitzy Ginza, a leading global upscale-shopping location. Building constrains (Ginza is particularly crowded) inspired an ''innovative'' 23,000sqft eleven story[56] design incorporating two elevators and a fire glass staircase for consumer use connecting all floors and mezzanine.[64] Selldorf Architects, responsible for the Fifth Avenue and Burlington Gardens flagships, are modeling the location as a twin-of-sorts to the New York flagship with juxtaposisioning interior identical wooden louvers and concrete/steel/glass facade ''[creating] a sense of mystery for the passerby''.[64] Selldorf calls the building ''an elegant edition to the bustling area''.[64] This location will become the fifth flagship opening (after Milan), and the company looks forward to additional small retail locations in Japan in the near
by 7UP (guest) rate this post as useful

Try something else 2009/10/18 16:29
I have seen A&F stuff somewhere in Kyoto and Osaka but I can not recall the location because..... there are millions of other choices and no one goes to Japan and look for A&F stuff so I paid no attention. You can try stores in American Mura or maybe the Karasuma area. But I can darn gurantee you that once you checked out the stuff in those area you will totally forget what you said on this forum. If you really want to stick to American brands then you can shop at GAP (there are stores at HEP 5 and at the mall near the Dainichi monorail station). But even then the style of clothes that GAP is offering in Japan is catered towards local taste. So might as well go out of your comfort zone and try something new since you are living in a different country? Go check out the Right On stores you will not be disappointed.
by Sunny Rock @ rocknoblog.com (guest) rate this post as useful

oops 2009/10/18 16:33
correct my own mistake.....not Dainichi but should be Unobe. The MyCal in Unobe.
by Sunny Rock @ rocknoblog.com (guest) rate this post as useful

Abercombie store in Ginza 2009/12/19 03:25
Yes! Abercombie just opened their flagship store at Ginza last month... But the price is much more expensive then the State.
by Satoshi (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 31 of 31
prev
1 2

reply to this thread