Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 27 of 27
prev
1 2

ryokan with private bath 2007/9/16 08:55
Are there any ryokans in Takayama with private baths?

Going in January. What is the weather like then?
by cj rate this post as useful

Plan to stay in ŒK’J‰®@KUWATANIYA 2007/9/16 13:55
Hi, i will be going to Takayama in Oct. I will be staying in ŒK’J‰®@KUWATANIYA. A Western twin room with private bath & room at JPY6,450/ person (incl tax). No idea how the rooms are like. Has anyone stayed there?
by Roc rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/16 14:40
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kuwataniya and Banri 2007/9/18 23:38
I came back from Takayama just last week! I stayed for 19days. Minshuku Kuwataniya and Oyado Banri are the places i stayed at. They were both great. People were really friendly and easygoing. Itfs not a hotel atmosphere at all. More like home. There were no strict rules about when you can take a bath or at what time you have to leave you room. Really pleasant places to stay. The only problem with Kuwataniya was that it is on a busy road. So few times during the night i was waken up by traffic. Banri was perfect for sleeping. Lady at Kuwataniya understands English very well but doesn't speak much, and her husband is very good with English. Banri owner doesn't speak any English though. It was fun trying to communicate with him :) I stayed two weeks at his minshuku, so when my stay was coming to an end, he and his wife took me out for a dinner at nearby izakaya. We all got terribly drunk with sake. It was such an unusual experience.
by Shin-chan/barcafana rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/18 23:47
btw please be nice with the lady at Kuwataniya. She works so hard. From early morning till late night, taking care of her guests. I've seen her sleeping while walking and almost falling down. They work so hard there. I've seen her husband washing the dishes. I dont think it's a common thing for a man in Japan.
It's off topic but i was impressed by the people there. Actually everyone in Takayama. It's a busy little town.
by Shin-chan/barcafana rate this post as useful

Another option 2007/9/26 05:41
You might check out the Ohmachi Ryokan which is located in the old section of town across the river, between a couple of antiques stores. I've stayed there in nice large tatami rooms and it was very quiet. There are no meal options and it used to be Y4000 per. I found it when the Kuwataniya lost my reservations and was full up.
http://www.takayamaryokan.jp/e_yado/34.htm
0577-32-3251
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

Consider Sumiyoshi Ryokan 2007/10/29 16:46
My wife and I just spent 3 nights at Sumiyoshi Ryokan. We chose it after reading all of the positive reviews on various websites. While in Takayama, we stopped for a look at Rickshaw Inn, but the staff we met was nowhere nearly as warm and gracious as the staff at Sumiyoshi. On top of that, Sumiyoshi has a location that will be tough to beat for access and privacy. While most guests are foreigners, they did also have Japanese guests during our stay. Very highly recommended.
by bkk_kd rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 27 of 27
prev
1 2

reply to this thread