Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 33 of 33
prev
1 2

Thank you 2007/12/19 15:44
This is one of the more amusing posts I've seen. I'm sure those from both sides would look at such a conversation as humorous... Thank you for the idea ha ha. If I ever do have a close relationship with a Japanese girl, I might have to jokingly terrify her by coming after her with a table spoon in the future ha ha.
by Lazagna rate this post as useful

ND 2007/12/23 13:34
Where are you from ND? I think boys would be good at it too if their gfs want them to be!
by PQ rate this post as useful

A Lover's Ear 2008/4/17 18:46
I believe it was not metioned here.. There is a short story "A lover's ear" by Yuan Chiung-Chiung which is devoted to this particular ritual. When I read it I had no idea that there exists such a tradition. That's why your discussion helped me a lot in understanding the message transmitted by the author.
I quess it is worth reading this story for those who are interested in the topic!
Thank you!!!!
by Lu rate this post as useful

Things we do for love 2008/4/19 06:11
Thanks to everyone for their spirited replies to my original question. It has been so much fun reading all the answers and learning more about this tradition, and I'm glad the topic sparked some people's interest.

I actually did overcome my initial resistance to having my ears cleaned by my boyfriend, but I was having such a problem with going to sleep and then waking up with my ears totally clogged and not being able to hear properly. No amount of peroxide was helping to dissolve the wax, so I finally asked him to clean them. It worked like a charm and I haven't had problems since! However, I have to say that it was not a relaxing, bonding ritual. He tugged my ears this way and that and was quite business like about it all. It hurt some too. So I can't say that I recommend it for the bonding potential, but it's great for actual cleaning!
by JLo rate this post as useful

Youtube 2008/4/19 17:31
After reading this, I was moved to watch some videos about ear cleaning on youtube. WOW!!!!
by Curious George rate this post as useful

UK opinion 2008/5/14 18:26
I am not japanese and the only japanese people I know over in the UK don't even speak japanese butthe act of ear cleaning is very common between lovers. It is simply never talked about.
I don't know why most of the americans here are so shocked at the idea.
Hell, we used to eat the nits of our partners not so long ago.

My last GF (8yrs) had unusualy ears in that she never developed ear wax at all, but it is extremely pleasurable both physigcally and mentlaly.
You relax and have good conversations during this time.

I do have a question though, how hard is it to learn how to use an ear spoon?
by 8thsinner rate this post as useful

Mimi! 2008/5/15 23:05
I am American. My boyfriend is Japanese. We use mimi-kaki all the time. I never thought it was gross or scary at all. It feels very good and is a nice bonding experience. I think my wet type wax is much easier for him to clean though! It's sometimes difficult for me to do his flaky type. Someone asked if it's easy to learn- I learned very quickly and never hurt my boyfriends. Just ask before going deeper. If it hurts, just be more gentle. As long as you don't just shove it in there, you won't do any damage. My boyfriend is quite used to doing it himself, so he can tell me how deep to go. And it seems that boys do as much cleaning as girls, atleast in modern times. It's fun! And very relaxing.
by malakuma rate this post as useful

It happened to me... 2008/5/16 12:31
Actually the other night at home, I was lying down and head on my J-GF lap watching TV. Then suddenly she starts picking the wax from my ear. I didn't flinch, as it was VERY NICE....In fact I fell asleep while she was doing it. But when she started, I thought to myself, "what is going on!!!", but it really did feel nice so I just "took it like a man ;-)" I can recommend this to anyone, it feels great! Not sure whether it makes me feel closer or not... LOL...
by first time! rate this post as useful

Oh.. 2008/5/17 14:31
My Japanese boyfriend does it to me all the time and the first time he did I was absolutely morbified. The worst part is having someone breathing so strongly into your ear...
I'm used to it now. But to be honest I just thought it was something just he was into. I didn't realize it common.

...Well, is it rude if I don't do it back? I usually just nibble on the outside, not to fond of "cleaning" it...
by niko-chan rate this post as useful

We do! 2009/9/14 13:19
My husband produces alot of earwax! We dont really know why, but he hates it. Its a nightly thing before bed for me to clean out his ears for him. I think for me, its a little way of him telling me he "needs" my help. And for him, I think its his way of letting me "help" him. lol... sure, he could it himself... but, its just something we started... and will continue to do. Sometimes I work late, and he is in bed before I return home... I can DEF tell the next day that 'I' didnt do it!!! lol
by Allison (guest) rate this post as useful

ear cleaning = pleasent 2011/6/21 17:06
The first time I had my ears cleaned was when I was 5 years old by my aunt. I didnt want to do it at first but she kept on insisting and like a good boy, I said yes. Oh yeah, and I am Chinese btw.

So, The experience was Bad. My ears hurt bad during the cleaning so when the time came for another cleaning I instinctively said NO. Haha, but months later my ears got SO itchy for some reason I couldnt take it and begged my aunt to clean it.

This time the experience was nice! It was very pleasent and I even fell asleep for a while. I recommend ear cleaning and anyone who wants a cure for insomnia.
by JL (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks for the tip;) 2011/6/21 17:54
will try this on my GF.

given that she is japanese it will be interesting to see what her reaction is from this...
by jin (guest) rate this post as useful

Gross, but pleasant 2011/6/23 04:04
When we were dating and first married my wife would clean my ears. She always complained that my ear wax was wet and gooey, but she only stopped when my ear hair started getting too thick. It's very relaxing so every once in a while I ask her to do it for me. There is a bit of tugging at the lobe to see inside, but you get used to it. She never lets me clean her ears because she's scared I'll poke her brain out.
by StuNami rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 33 of 33
prev
1 2

reply to this thread