Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

... 2007/9/23 15:41
Considering the number of people in the world that speak English it would be quite a large assumption that the original poster is American. Regardless of that, she has quite an ambitious schedule and it wouldn't be a big jump to suppose she is happy with walking as long as it allows her to complete her itinerary.

Navigating the streets of Kyoto, I have never seen American tourists (or any other nationality) cowering with fear at approaching traffic. In my view, being a bit aware of the situation around you and taking care, as you do when you are a tourist in unfamiliar surrounds, is perfectly sufficient.

Yes, Shijo does get busy but that road has decent sized sidewalks. It is no surprise that one of the roads that goes through the heart of Kyoto gets a lot of traffic. But this is simply a distraction because we were talking about Kyoto-eki to Toji.

Sometimes threads move away from the original topic...

I think you must be trying to be ironic considering your previous comments.

Considering the original poster is trying to put together an ambitious schedule that could potentially include much walking then it seems quite relevant to me.

If someone posts quite a strong answer about 'how dangerous' Kyoto traffic is then it's to the OPs advantage to get a balanced view. Unless you want to promote myths about Japan ?
by koan rate this post as useful

- - - 2007/9/23 23:30
(sigh)
by Tay rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread