Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 37 of 37
prev
1 2

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2015/5/5 21:10
William Lambert: I vaguely remember you. I was at Itazuke the same years and in the 105 fire control shop. Since the 105's weren't there yet, I, like you, was sent to the 100 shop. I remember only a few of the sergeants: Fugate and his partner(can't recall his name), another sergeant with ....ski(Kowalski?) at the end of his name and Butler who took me golfing to Brady a few times.
by Lloyd Arnold (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2015/10/12 19:50
I was born at the Itazuke hospital in 1957. I would love some old photos of the place. I have never been back to the place of my birth. There always seems to be some part of me missing because I have nothing to connect with.
by John Weston (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2016/1/11 03:28
I have photos circa 1958-1961 from when I was based at Itazuke AB and Brady AB as a helicopter pilot. One is of hospital where you were born (also where my daughter was born). It appears I can't attach them to this input but if anyone is interested I will try to pass them on to anyone if they let me know. Since I can't attach my e-mail address am not sure how we'd make contact..............
by Vern Dander (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2016/6/27 05:46
Dad was stationed there in 1946. Mom & I lived there from 47 to 49. My brother was born there may 1948. Dad( Maj A B Robertson Jr) was Base Ops officer. Main a/c at that time was P-61. Keepin eye on Soviet Union. Have several pix.
by Arthur Blaine Robertson III (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2016/8/21 00:24
Wow, I've often wondered about this. I was born on Itazuke, Aug of 1956, to 1Lt. Wallace and Carolyn Johnson. Although I was naturalized, funny thing, I started looking in to Social Security and I was surprised to learn that I had been a Japanese citizen for the past 59 years. My father did 27 years in the Air Force and I wound up doing 22. Been across the world many times, but never back to Itazuke. That trip is starting to rise on the bucket list. Thanks for the site.
by Dan Johnson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2016/11/9 00:20
Was station their from Jan1963 -apr64 with the F105s with the 408MMS. Went to Yakota with the 105s until Nov.1965, then to the 4th TFW @ Seymour-Johnson, Thinking about going back to japan with my wife

by ELI LARKIN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2016/11/22 07:14
we were there 64,65,66. dad was EOD would love to find any info on Susan Dunkin . we were the same age witch would put her about 58. found out later her father was transferred to Altus Ok. a SAC Base but I never saw her.
by Johnny Perkins (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2017/2/15 15:38
We lived at K-Bar and I had our first born, a daughter, in 1961. Then we moved to Brady when she was four months old. I can't find Brady does any one remember where it was? I loved that whole Island! We traveled all over that island. I did find a map that was in detail and I blew it up until I found Itazuke the town, and the Itazuke Post office. Don't know if that was part of the base, but I suspect it might be. I would love to take my daughter to go see K-Bar Parts of Itazuke, and Brady. I used to drive it in our VW Beetle from Brady to Itazuke to see the doctor and shop at the BX and commissary. Oh, such wonderful memories. Thanks everyone. Jessie
by Jessie Schuchard (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at itazuke 2017/12/2 07:26
I was station at itazuke ab,from July 61 to July 63. I was a signed too the 1955 communication sqd
I lived just out side the base off k-bar.married a japanese girl in 62,we had two sons later.
We visited back in 79 and 91. The base had been converted into a japanese military post by then.
I have so many great memoirs of living there,I'll never forget my time spent there
by Clifton surbaugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2017/12/3 04:19
I have no connections to Itazuke, except for the fact that my father is originally from Fukuoka, but I believe the airbase is now Fukuoka Airport. Looking at Google maps, the airport and surrounding areas have been completely developed and redeveloped. No signs of the buildings from back then, unfortunately.
by Taco Grande rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2018/10/29 01:09
My dad was stationed at Itazuke Air Force Base from 1960 to 1963. I went to the kindergarten there in 1963. Still have my class picture:-). One of my teachers was American in the other was Japanese. Anybody else here from that class? Maybe I can post a scan of the picture if so. My dad's name was Donald Farmer.
by Don Farmer II (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2018/11/19 08:18
My was stationed at Itazuke in 1953. We followed in 1954 to 1956. Was in third grade to fifth. Lived in officers housing down the street from elementary school that set on a hill. Dad worked at NCO club at air strip. Remember first snow, vacation at beach...
So many great memories.
by Terry Tisdale Boyer (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2019/1/21 16:23
My name was Sgt. Gail Milam when I was stationed at Itazuke Air Base from Oct 1967 to Oct 1968. My husband was SSgt John Milam who ran the base gym. I was in personnel. We were there when the Pueblo was taken, which resulted in an amusing story. Always a day late and a dollar short, the Air Force activated a bunch of reservists from Southern California. Each of the departments on base were required to "volunteer" people to clean the TDY barracks for the incoming officers. Since I was the only female on the detail, the Sgt in charge made me his assistant. The last day before the reservists were due to come in the sgt and i were doing a final inspection. We came into one barracks through the end door and we could hear the water in the showers running. We didn't think too much about it, since someone was probably cleaning them. However, the first door we came to was shut and locked. Thinking that someone was goofing off or napping, the Sgt pounded on the door. The door opened and there was a guy standing there in his underwear. The Californians had already started coming in. He slammed the door and yelled, "Woman in the barracks!" The shower shut off immediately and we heard the slap of bare feet on the floor as someone headed for his room. I kept my eyes on my clipboard.
by Gail Hardy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2019/2/22 05:13
I visited there in 1987 with a Japanese interpreter friend from my old 1955th Comm Sq unit. There is now a large university built on the land given back to Japan when the annex closed in 1971/72. I was reassigned to Hakata Air Station, lived in Shirakibaru in rented apt, and continued to work in a fenced off comm compound on the southwest end of the air field runway. I was there from Apr 69 to Jun 73. Married my Japanese wife of 45 years just before leaving Japan in 73. Separated, got degree, came back as an officer, retired in 2006 as a Colonel. I missed the moon landings race, most of which happened while I was there. But my officer job involved satellites like GPS and DSP launching on Titan IV and Delta II rockets. So I got to live my own space race on active duty. Living in Vegas and loving every minute. By the way, today 21 Feb 19, it is snowing in Las Vegas!
by Mike Baker (SSgt) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2019/5/23 12:51
I was there as a young brat from 59-62. My oldest sister graduated in 61. I'd love to see an old map of the base!
by Joan Smith Kellogg (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2020/4/4 13:38
I, too, would love to see pics of Itazuke AB. My dad, Arne Ingebretsen, a DOD civilian, was a WSLO for the F-100s & F-105s. We were there from Oct 60 to Apr 64. First lived right outside the gate on S-Bar before moving on base to 703C G Circle. They called it "Colonels Row". Off base, we lived between a single airman's apt building & a fenced off Korean enclave. Finished 1st, 2nd & 3rd geades there & was almost through 4th when we went statesude during Easter vacation. Loved my years there, especially going to the Greenwave Cafe for cherry cokes. Saw Danny Kaye at the baseball diamond in 63, I believe. I remember the school sat on a hill, which was difficult to walk up to during winter. Went numerous times to Brady Beach where I was once stung by a jellyfish. Also visited Sasebo Naval Base when the Communists were protesting in the streets. Do remember my best friends there were Kathy Kyer & Joanne Wall. Lost touch after returning to CA. Sad.
Nancy Ingebretsen MacMonagle
by Nancy M MacMonagle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Do original buildings exist at Itazuke? 2020/6/7 23:42
My dad stationed there 1961-63. My 1st memories of Santa, Yoshiko, electric trains, butterflies galor!
Put up such a fight at 3 on the plane , I didnft want to leave. They had to put me to sleep. Came back speaking 1/2 Japanese & English. No one could understand me but my mom. I vividly remember those days, even at that young age. My brother was born there also, July 4, 1962. How Patriotic!
Love you still, our maid, Yoshiko!
by Pamela Collier (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 37 of 37
prev
1 2

reply to this thread