Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

mom and pop 2009/3/20 05:14
Do you ever use google to find stuff? just Google "koenji station in Tokyo area" the Wikipedia page talk about restaurants..
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Pardon my ignorance 2009/3/20 09:47
What's mam & pap?
by yojomojo rate this post as useful

.... 2009/3/20 13:40
I did google Koenji and looked at Wikipedia. When I saw it mentioned JR Koenji station, I decided to ask as I don't have a JR map, I only have the Tokyo subway map. It's never easy for someone living outside Japan and unfamiliar with Tokyo like me.
by ice (guest) rate this post as useful

I have the map for Koenji 2009/3/20 15:02
I am not in Japan either..the wikipedia page mention the chuo line so I googled JR lines in Tokyo area and got a map. see http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/info/map_a4ol.pdf . Look for the Shinjuku station. A bit to the left of Shinjuku, there is a section with 3 lines: One is red, another yellow, another grey. Koenji is 1/2 inch left of Shinjuku.

real food 2009/3/21 16:16
Re-reading your original post I think that you may have lots of misconceptions and stereotypes about Japanese food. Any restaurants where you are the only non-Japanese and there are no menus in English is a true Japanese restaurant. There are lots of various types of Japanese cuisine. Also many small restaurants aren't necessarily Mom and Pop ones. This reminds me of a Paris blog I read. Some American tourists were worried before going to Paris that the French food would be too different then, afterwards complained that it wasn't "French enough"! writing "They serve steak and fries, chicken and fish and potatoes, carrots, tomatoes etc.. is that real French food?". DUH?? what do you think that Japanese cuisine will be?

To yojomojo 2009/3/21 16:56
I think most people would say "Mom and Pop"- not sure why the OP used that spelling, but if you are still none the wiser, it means a small, family-owned establishment.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

reply to this thread