Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 6: Posts 21 - 40 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

noodles? 2005/7/5 12:28
A really easy food to serve would be noodles--udon, soba, etc. They're very Japanese and chances are most kids won't by freaked out by them. With a young crowd of kids, you might alienate some of them by serving sushi or "weird"/"gross" foods.

Decorations--paper lanterns, bonsai trees, hang obi or yukata/kimono on the walls, paper screens, calligraphy, ikebana flower arrangements, origami

Activities--dress up in yukata/kimono, learn to fold origami, roll your own sushi, make onigiri (rice balls), kanji calligraphy, mini language lesson (learn some basic phrases in Japanese), hire a "geisha" to dance or play an instrument, sing karaoke!!
by B rate this post as useful

Ideas 2005/9/17 07:39
I suggest if your daughter is young ages 4-9 ,

Music:BoA, Ayumi hamasaki, hikaru utada and if you want more music reasearch anime music.

Anime: cardcaptor sakura , sailor moon . hello kitty , cherry project , escaflowne you know all the little girl animes

Why not even let your daughter wear a formal japanese kimono with cute but elegant dacorations on it.

Last but not least Japanese decorations and flowers.

For flowers i suggest Cherry Blossoms, they are very beatiful.
by Sakura rate this post as useful

hello there 2005/9/19 06:23
Hi there!!! I'm wanting to do a japanese/haloween for my 12th b-day party for myself. Since my birthday is near haloween, I wanted to do something like that but tye a japanese theme in with it, because they all know I'm obsessed with anime & japan.It would be for a few friends, adn I need answers quick because my birthday is soon!!!
Thanks

Heather-san
by Heather rate this post as useful

anime 2005/10/12 12:06
ok if she likes inuyahsa they have some anime stuff at hot topic and at this japanese store @ north star mall they also have other anime stuff. you could also cheak on ebay.com and check this site called www.theanimenetwork.com and type some of the names from there on ebay or google to fing hints or possably stuff to buy
by nikki anime fan rate this post as useful

gifts 2005/12/2 05:03
my friend is a foreign exchange student and her birthday is coming up-- she said to suprise her with a gift-- what do you think i shoud get her?
by renny rate this post as useful

friend 2005/12/2 05:04
she is 14 and female
by renny rate this post as useful

It's kinda hard 2006/2/7 11:17
I am trying to make my 14th birthday Japanese themed. I want it to be a mix of Anime and old Japan. I can't seem to find plates, napkins, all the basics in a Japanese Style. Only Chinese. And me and my friends know the difference. I don't know how much my parents will spend. I am doing it out on my back porch and I also need help finding places or sites to get my supplies off of. IT'S THIS SUNDAY!
by Anime Lover rate this post as useful

20 2006/2/11 11:37
from what I can see, japanese people don't really celebrate birthdays. they do odd counting and something called 3-5-7 fpr little kids. When men/women turn 20, they celebrate on new years. This is disappointing to me. Im truning 20 though, and I want a japanese party and I have no idea what to do. my friends are very immature and have ruined my birthdays. I almost feel like not having one, but I bought a furisode kimono (20yr old ladies wear these) to celebrate. Ideas anyone?
by Amanda rate this post as useful

Chotto chigao kedo... 2006/3/22 16:27
Translation: ok, but it's a little bit different...

It's really hard to organize great birthday parties these days, with all the different influences from media and friends. The good news is that these same things allow us to draw from many great resources! So on to the good stuff...

For younger people, it's true, birthdays really aren't celebrated in Japan except Shichigosan Seven-Five-Three birthdays. Even then it's not a birthday celebration like American might do, so much as a religious rite. So, here are some ideas. For the girls into newer Japanese style, take a look at some new Japan fashion magazine (FRUiTS, ViVi, Elle Japan) and maybe find some cool style from there to dress up in for the party. Kids of all ages seem to like anime, and a great one for girls is Kareshi Kanojou no Jijyou (KareKano = His and Hers Circumstances) because it's a cute love story. A cute band we always liked is called Judy & Mary, and another famous Japanese band is KinKi Kids (it's the names, not a bad word!). You can also give gift bags with cute chopstick (make sure they're pointed, not flat-end), chopstick holder, a small paper packet with Japanese coins (get these from bank or an airport) for luck (really for New Years heh), maybe soap and candles with Japanese words, a stiff pretty fan (everybody has one in summer, pink and orange are good girl colors), and maybe Japanese snacks or candies. Be sure to have plenty of Ramune (Japanese soft drink) for a summer party or Genmai-cha (popcorn green tea, very good for young girls) for a winter party!

As for older girls or if she's interested in older Japan, dress is very important. Make sure you have yukata for summer parties or appropriate kimono for winter or 20-year-old parties. Some very famous older singers are Hibari Misora (most famous and a beautiful voice!), Hokosawa Takashi (very famous enka singer), Fuse Akira (well known but not my favorite), and Sakamoto Kyu (my favorite, listen to "Ue o muite arukou" "I look up as I walk"). There's one more who was famous even in America but I never listened to her, lol! Traditional dances and activity can be found on this site, as well as recipes for some appropriate foods. Traditionally a girl would go to the shinto temple to pray for luck, health, wealth, and longevity, but we don't have many of those here and you're probably not shinto anyway! So, to be traditional, you can take some time to be dressed up and pray at whatever religious place you attend for these things. The most important thing to a traditional "party" is that the birthday girl is *not* the guest of honor, but her guests are! Her most important role is to act as hostess for the entire event. This can be hard, but very very rewarding.

I hope this helps anybody who wants to organize a Japanese party, whether modern influenced or more traditional. Good luck, and have fun with your parties!

Additional ideas: cranes and candy sticks are traditional symbols of longevity, the whole point of celebrating a birthday!
by Tim rate this post as useful

Any ideas? 2006/3/30 11:18
I am having my 13th birthday party very soon. I love manga and anime, especially Inuyasha, Fushigi Yugi, and some others. I am trying to think of things to do at my sleepover besides watch anime movies and chat. I also need some food ideas.
THANKS!
by Minako-Chan rate this post as useful

13th bday 2006/3/31 03:05
well, you could visit a local asian mart and pick up some sweets. If you and your friends like sushi, I think publix makes some. Also target sells some rice snacks. I think you can also find some things on the internet to make.

Thanks 2006/3/31 06:29
I just wanted to say thanks!
I did not know target had some rice things, I will check there tommorrow. I bought a few different Japanese foods at my local Jewel Osco. I really want to find chopsticks, though. I am looking for the plastic kind with different designs on them, but don't have time to order online.
THANKS
-Minako-Chan
by Minako-Chan rate this post as useful

Japanese Parties 2006/4/22 08:29
I am having my own Japanese themed party for my 13th birthday! I need suggestions for games and other ideas, however.
Anyway, a good manga series is Full Moon Wo Sagashite! It is about a girl named Mitsuki(that is mine, too!) who becomes a J-pop singer, but only has one year left to live. It is REALLY good! For younger children, perhaps My Neighbor Totoro would be a good idea. My little sister just loves the totoros and the music!
by Mitsuki rate this post as useful

Full moon partay!! WOOOT!! 2006/4/27 06:05
I think you should go with the theme of a full moon. Decorate using a moon design and such. Order food with white rice. Also maybe decorate with picts of you fav char.

... 2006/4/27 06:34
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you do realize the first post was in 2004 right?
by Sumike rate this post as useful

nvm 2006/4/27 06:36
I see your talking about another party now....my bad.

If you need info on symbols, just send me an email (blakeae15@aol.com) and give me the words or sentence that you want the symbols for.
by Sumike rate this post as useful

I need some help? 2006/6/4 04:40
Ummm, I need some help? I want to have a Japanese Theme for my 12th birthday party. Nothing girly either. My family and friends say I'm very sophisticated for my age, so I want something sophisticated for my birthday. I love The kimonos,and so do my friends, anyway to nudge that in there. We already had the whole thing planned out, but then, mom forgot the website. All I remember is that there is fortune cookies that are covered in chocolate and gift bags.
by Japanese girl rate this post as useful

plz help inuyasha themed 13th party 2006/6/4 13:19
plz help me! im 12 and turning 13. its going to be a great big party. but i wan't it on inuyasha!plus remember im in the unighted states of amercia! plus im poor, well not that poor but plz help me! remember its in 3 weeks!
june 24 im turning 13 oh and i can trow in other animes to like narto or
i love this anime) fruits basket and also cross and shamnaic princess
p.s. sorry about the spelling!
by kagome rate this post as useful

japanese anime is awesome 2006/6/17 04:15
my anser iz tat u should get some inuyasha pics and videos and have a japanese anime party with all her friendz. And buy he/she a final fantasy game and a ps2 or game cube. then for music get some anime music and theme songs off of final fantasy and inuyasha on the internet. if u contact me ill will be happy 2 lend u some ideas 4 tat! thank u!
by zelda rate this post as useful

... you realy like final fatasey 2006/6/18 03:17
ok thanks i guess i didn't get much but ummm i have a gamecube but it's going to be at my apartment pool so...
yea don't think i can have any vido games but how can i get inu songs my friend t has like nightmare befor chrismas and i'll call her to see if she has inu music... i called her and she's a sleep so... oh she does have like teckno and she has just random japan music. umm what kind of food and napkins and activites should i get and do?
hey if you can email me with some ideas my name is
wolf011993@yahoo.com
but in the subject party ideas or else i might mark you spam. thank you!

^U^ *_* :D (. _ .) lol
^_^
ty
by kagome rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 6: Posts 21 - 40 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread