Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

... 2009/9/10 12:22
The Kitayama Halloween festival website (mentioned earlier) got updated for this year :)
They have pumpkin carving, and parade and stuff as well...
by AK rate this post as useful

Christmas - The season of Love 2009/9/10 13:09
Thanks AK - Ill check it out.
As to Christmas, over the past 10 years it is so much more than the ''dating day'' It is the biggest booking day for love hotels all over Japan.
Teenagers book Christmas day months ahead if they want a special hotel for the day.

And.. because it is in the past 10 years that it has so rapidly grown into the lovein day of the year... most parents of these kids have no clue whatsoever as it is a new generation ''holiday activity''
by Gazle (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks AK for the link! 2009/9/10 13:16
Perfect.. thank you for your help!

... 2009/9/10 14:57
Gazle,
Isn't going to a love hotel just a subset of dating, i.e. going out with your bf/gf
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Cant resist - last one from me.. 2009/9/10 21:07
Ok Ill bite, but then you can have the final word on this, because it's really off travel info which is why this site is so great...
but...
Ive never considered having a specific holiday with it being culturally acceptable for teenages to book out love hotels on mass on the same day as a subset of the "normal dating ritual" of most countries
... but maybe thats just me..
Even in countries that follow valentines day to a high level dont necessarily have everyone booking into hotels..
again maybe just me.. but I thought it was a flower and dinner kinda ritual.
enough....
Im off to do happy Japan holiday planning..

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

reply to this thread