Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Re: Japanese eye contact? 2011/11/16 16:54
i saw some stuff about body language in here i.e. certain gestures meaning someone thinks you're attractive...

please, japanese body language is totally different from western body language. things that apply there do not apply here. it doesn't work.

in tokyo, and most other cities, eye contact is fine when you're talking to people. just don't stare.

for people on the street, at least in tokyo, looking straight ahead and avoiding eye contact is the most common, i've found, but it depends on your neighborhood. in other cities farther out in the countryside people get friendlier and will greet you even if they've never seen you before.
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese eye contact? 2011/11/19 14:50
Lastmockinbird, judging by several of your posts you really over analyze everything! Each person has a way of interacting with others that is personal, it doesn't even always have to do with culture. Let it be!

In all the schools I attended, from primary to college, in all the various classes through the years, I worked with a couple of students on projects and talked to them but there were always a person or two in the group I really had no interest in talking to.. and vice versa..

It didn 't mean that there was something wrong with that person or me, just that we were indifferent to one another...
same at work, with neighbours in my building etc.
Could be the case with that boy..he may not interested into you at all..

I was popular in a class as I was both the class clown and one of the 2-3 best students in the class.
Outside the classroom I was always shy with the boys in the school that I admired the most, and especially the special one I had a big crush on (always someone not in my class) ...
I would not even talk to him, afraid that he notice my interest and either freak out or, worse still, be interested in me.. .

This is not unusual at all, whether the person we are attracted to is same sex or opposite sex..
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread