Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

Re: Can Muslim eat Japanese food in Japan? 2014/10/31 05:34
by Kalihiwai2 rate this post as useful

Re: Can Muslim eat Japanese food in Japan? 2014/11/22 18:45
Upto my knowledge, Muslims eat halal flesh. So on that basis most of the Japanese food is halal. You can try Sushi food because it cooked in both ways veg and non-veg, in Japan there are various Sushi restaurants.
by jackyreacher rate this post as useful

Re: Can Muslim eat Japanese food in Japan? 2014/11/24 21:20
@jackyreacher
"Muslims eat halal flesh. So on that basis most of the Japanese food is halal."

What? There is so much wrong with this comment that I can't even.

"You can try Sushi food because it cooked in both ways veg and non-veg, in Japan there are various Sushi restaurants."

Are there really? In Japan? Oh, well that's OK then.

jackyreacher, your contribution to this topic has been truly awesome.
by Ponzuemon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can Muslim eat Japanese food in Japan? 2014/11/25 01:00
I know it kind of sucks - but there are some vegetarian restaurants around. To the best of my knowledge - Japan often uses seaweed based galatine than pork but it may still be common.

It may seem quite traditional - but temple lodging food should be ok as it is often Vegan (and ironically can taste quite nice)

I will warn you that Pork is one of the most common meats in Japan and may be present in many foods as a broth such as Ramen.

Chicken and Beef are also quite common - but I highly doubt that this meat will be Halal. Fish may be a safer bet - but I don't know my Halal laws that well so I'll leave this to someone who know's this a little better than I do.

On another note - this might be helpful. I travelled with my mother around Japan a couple of years ago and she has quite strong allergies to some foods (garlic, onions, honey etc). If you find someone that speaks good English - get them to write down a note in Japanese explaining your dietry requirements. Most restaurants will try their best to meet your needs and might go back to the chef to check. Don't be too worried about this - as most of the time they will make a big deal over it as they are trying to look after you.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Can Muslim eat Japanese food in Japan? 2014/11/25 11:40
Upto my knowledge, Muslims eat halal flesh. So on that basis most of the Japanese food is halal.

Perhaps he meant fish instead of flesh? Otherwise it doesn't make sense. Most Japanese food is not halal friendly.

You can try Sushi food because it cooked in both ways veg and non-veg, in Japan there are various Sushi restaurants.

Sushi is almost never halal because of the rice wine vinegar used to season the rice.

See this page for more info:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2302.html

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Can Muslim eat Japanese food in Japan? 2015/1/1 12:56
Its a very challenging task. I am not a muslim but i live in a country with a large enough Muslim population and i have a good idea of a halal diet.

If im a strict muslim i will avoid all japanese restaurant unless they are halal certified. Meat such as pork are used in most japanese kitchens and some sauces do contain alcohol in them. Even McDonalds serves pork burger.

Looking for Halal food in Japan is almost like looking for non halal food in Saudi Arabia. If you are able to lower your standards during your trip,like some muslim friends of mine, then you will be able to enjoy the fresh foods from this lovely country. Otherwise, pack along some halal instant noodles and travel out of the way to halal restaurants. If you are planning to travel to smaller cities, bring lots of instant noodles!
by another guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

reply to this thread