Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 231 of 233: Posts 4601 - 4620 of 4651
prev
1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233
next

Dec. 7 1941 2022/12/8 06:15
On this day in history, Dec. 7, 1941, Japan's Pearl Harbor sneak attack kills 2,403 Americans, launches US into WWII.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2022/12/8 12:11
Yes, that was true, 81 years ago. Paul how old are you?
by Kaoru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2022/12/8 12:32
I think we should be wary of the actions of Russian, NK and Chinese leaders now. I think Japan considers the US to be the most favored nation, but it seems that there is people who disagree.

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2022/12/22 13:13
Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas from Yokohama. The end of this year is colder than usual. Heavy snow is falling in the north.
This YouTube is the port of Yokohama in 2022.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XptcYOWbXo&t=120s

Best wishes,

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2022/12/22 13:24
I made a mistake. This movie clip was filmed in 2016...
Now, there is cableway at Yokohama Port.

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2022/12/22 23:27
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all my friends here.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks Peter-san 2022/12/22 23:43
Oh Peter san, nice to hear again !! I think NH is cold, keep warm.

And a Happy New Year..... 2022/12/29 09:21

I remember that New Year's is a very big holiday in Japan...so Kaouri-san....have a happy, healthy and safe New Year!

And all the best for the holidays to everyone (hope no one is stuck at an airport anywhere)....

All well here in NYC...we dodged the recent storm, though temperatures were very low.

by Steffi (guest) rate this post as useful

New Year 2022/12/29 22:10
Happy holidays Steffi-san, all.
I heard NYC is cold, and everywhere in USA.
New Covuid infections are increasing in Japan as well.
Stay safe.

Happy New Year! 2023/1/6 00:05
It's the year of the rabbit. Hope for health and good fortune to all. Speaking of which, our son observed during his trip to Japan, the number of shrines and people throwing money into boxes in front of Shinto temples and Buddhist shrines. So here is a Did You Know question: Why were there pilgrimages to Enoshima, the tiny island near Kamakura? Turns out the place attracted entertainers since the Tokugawa era, including courtesans and prostitutes from the red-light district of Yoshiwara in Edo, now Tokyo. According to a popular TV program featuring Tamori, there are shrines on the island that bring good luck to "entertainers." Shogun Yoritomo ordered a shrine built there. He died after falling off a horse not far from Enoshima.
by Honmokujin (guest) rate this post as useful

Lucky rabbits 2023/2/5 00:01
A family friend in Kamakura, Robert Lang, raised rabbits in pens. He was a photographer for several Americcan school book publishers. His rabbits were not so lucky...
by Eric (guest) rate this post as useful

Balloons 2023/2/5 22:20
I heard big balloons have invaded some US states by news. It was destroyed by F-22 fighter's sidewinder missile, I think that was correct. There is a missile base in Montana, where Malmstrom air force base is located. What is the balloon's mission? We saw it in west Japan a few years ago. The Japanese government at the time did not order its destruction.

During the Pacific War, the Japanese military set fire to houses and forests on the west coast of the US by balloon bombs. I deny all military aggression.

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2023/2/6 01:43
It is hard to understand there true motivation
There is no reason for there information gathering as there space station can give them all they may need. Perhaps they wanted us to shoot it down to give them an excuse to do something else. To pre position themselves in dome way. More importantly we should be concerned that China is buying up land and strategic companies in the US. If we're not careful they will own us . Question where is your mayonnaise made and by whom ? Just an example. How many of us speak Chinese?
Shing young doing di yo.

Peter-san NH 2023/2/9 20:41
Hello Peter-san,

I heard NH is blizzard and the northwest coast, central part states. Yokohama will about 1 or 2 inchies of snow tomorrow. I want for your reply on this thread.

Be careful,
Kaoru

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2023/2/10 01:40
Hi Kaoru and everyone.
New Hampshire has been a normal winter with some cold times but less snow than normal. With my age and all it is a struggle and otherwise we will have spring in a few weeks. I wonder how it would be to live in Virginia, say on the western side of the Chesapeake Bay near Williamsberg.
I am saddened by the huge loss of life in Turkey I almost cannot imagine the death and destruction.
Stay safe everyone.

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2023/2/10 10:09
Hello Peter-san and all,

Thank you for your posted. It is snowing in Yokohama now. Traffics in the metropolitan area is vulnerable to snow. There was the big earthquake in Turkey. But in the near future will be a very large earthquake in Japan maybe, we are beware of it. Turkey and Japan are friendship countries. It has nothing with religion, I converted to Christianity.

N. Korea fires another missle. 2023/2/19 17:15
Japan needs to become self reliant and beef up their own military.

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2023/2/21 19:26
Paul,

This is Japan's defense budget for the next fiscal year and beyond.
You should study Article 9 of the Constitution of Japan.

https://thediplomat.com/2022/12/japan-approves-26-3-increase-in-defens...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2023/2/23 03:51
It's about time.

Bear's attack 2023/2/25 07:47
It's been a year since Russia started the war in Ukraine. Putin looks impatient. We worry about tactical nuclear strikes.

I was born 14 years after the end of World War II. I thought such a large war would never happen. And the suburbs of Japan are also in a dangerous state, fighters jet scrambling against airspace violations often.

Page 231 of 233: Posts 4601 - 4620 of 4651
prev
1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233
next

reply to this thread