Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 5: Posts 41 - 60 of 91
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

i'll definitely look for the book 2005/7/13 20:26
thanks trinity.I'll definitely look for the book but i dont think we get it in India.
by nightshadow rate this post as useful

Wow. 2005/7/21 13:34
There seems to be alot of information. I have gone from site to site looking for info about Gensai.(I first heard about him from my japanese class) Love (most) things that are related to japan(Military one of them). I appreiciate all the long nice posts but, there seem to be alot about Samurai x,Ruronni Kenshin,and that samurai warriors game. Alot of the posts and all this info seemed to be copied from places...so it seems it would go around the internet, just everyone adding a little bit of what people dont know(not real some of it seems) but, yes, I have seen a lot of true references and thankyou for all your time in the posts. I have just read all of it and watched and read all of ruronni kenshin and liked it. I have liked your posts eveyone and thanked you for sharing.

Thanks for the info enjoyed it XD.
by Highschool Student. rate this post as useful

Hope people see. 2005/7/21 13:38
Lol. heheh. I hope people see my post. I just wanted people to see I liked it. I dont know why but i waited a while before I posted for some reason.

Sorry for any misspelled words or bad grammer in my posts.XD
by Highschool Student. rate this post as useful

yes 2005/7/23 05:02
he was based on a legendary assasin namedgensai kawakami who obtained fame by assasinating aman named kumashouzan in broad daylight
by chris rate this post as useful

Picture of Kawakami Gensai 2005/7/25 05:10
I've always wondered how Himura Kenshin came to be. I mean usually they have inspiration and I have found a lot. He was killed by a follower of Kido Takayoshi. He died when he was 37 yr. old. I think Nubuhiro idolized him so much that he decided to write a show about him and what it would have been like if he really was alive. The thing is no one knows how many people he killed. It's kind of amazing.Here's a picture of Kawakami Gensai.
http://g1342122.at.infoseek.co.jp/imgj/imgzzz/k_kawakami_gensai_1.jpg
by Passing 2b Sane rate this post as useful

Apology to Nightshadow 2005/9/7 05:51
I am so sorry about not e-mailing you.....if anyone wants further information about Kawakami Gensai, please e-mail me personally at femalebattousai@yahoo.com. Thank you ever so much.
by Tenshi no Kaze rate this post as useful

Kawakami Gensai 2005/9/18 01:50
I´m a great intusiastic about samurai culture and i spent my time searching documents and srolls about one i particular, "Kawakami Gensai" but with no susess,i think japanese people remember him as legend.But is there more to tell about him?Could you help me with some more inform about this theme.Regards from Ricardo. Thank you for your help
by Ricardo Aguilar rate this post as useful

Oro? 2005/9/19 11:56
Rurouni Kenshin was based off an actual time period, so of course there were a lot of similarities in Samurai X. This was done to keep the story accurate (and keep people like me from complaining^^) Like Saitou Hajime was a real person, and he really did rename himself 'Fugita Goro' after the Bakumatsu. So yes, there are a lot of parallels and truth in the Rurouni Kenshin series. Was there a real Battousai known for dropping foe after foe with a single strike? I think that might be a bit dramatized. A Battousai maybe did exist, but it's not he Battousai that we Kenshin lovers think of.
by Annie-chan rate this post as useful

Sanada Family Tree 2005/10/3 17:04
Hi, i've been searching all over the net for detailed information on the Sanada Clan. All sons and daughters and what not. If ANYONE has this info, i'll gladly appreciate making a post or emailing me about it at deuzsama@deuz.net

thx in advance.
by Deuzsama rate this post as useful

Philosophy 2005/10/13 03:44
The purpose of movies are to inspire a human being, just like theater of old. Also, having a family member die and things of that nature will awaken you. What I mean by ''AWAKENING'' is you finally come to relization, and the way your mind works is infinately changed(without limit to how much you are affected) Basically, appreciating life, which doesnt nessesarelly mean being grateful for it, is needed to become any sort of hero, which is by definition a person who learns self control and performs service to any extent as long as it is for the better of the human race. A hero suffers that which most people would not suffer to experience. To give up somthing you value...such as comfort, your own life, or even your freedom.

please take this to heart and hear this. Anything that inhibits the progression of the human race is evil. Self control and service are the keys to ascending into a higher plane.
by Berserk rate this post as useful

something everyone wnats to know 2005/11/4 15:07
well hi,i see u guys really know a lot about japanese history and stuff,well was gensai as kind as kenshin?thats what most people want to know not his historic background[talk about kenahin mania]
by knshin-gensai fan rate this post as useful

batosi(if thats right) 2006/1/31 09:26
batosi means the quickness in
in which he draws.
by yuyufan rate this post as useful

sorry 2006/1/31 09:34
sorry tenshi no kaze i cant email you but i do want info post some info for me
please

anybody know 2006/1/31 09:37
does anybody know when ruromi kenshin is on in america?!

nice question yuyufan 2006/2/2 22:23
lol. love ur question yuyufan
by nightshadow rate this post as useful

What about Sanosuke? 2006/2/3 13:40
I am just another Kenshin fan, with another Kenshin question. Did someone similar to Sanosuke exist in history as well? Was Kawakami known to have a sidekick at anytime in his life?
Sanosuke is my favourite, so I wanna know. You can tell me!
Is it also true that Ryuu from Street Fighter is based from Sano's character?
I look forward to your replies.
by Dani-yan rate this post as useful

kind hearted, and a samurai ? 2006/2/10 14:49
If Kenshin Himura aka Gensai Kawakami was a kind hearted person, why did he kill people and why did he chose to become a samurai in the first place ?
by Genco Abandando rate this post as useful

Sanosuke 2006/2/15 04:09
Sanosuke did exist only his real name was Harada Sanosuke, the character you know was only based of him. He was actually a member of the Shinsengumi(wolves of mibu). The group Saito talked about in Kenshin. Saito also existed and was extremely skilled.
by jesse rate this post as useful

Battousai 2006/2/19 12:26
Gensai was known as the most dangerous hitokiri of the japanese civil war because of his Shiranui Ryu style that he created. He was in fact given the title of Battousai which translates to "sword drawing" in a proffesional sense of the name. His style Shuranui Ryu was kbown for its belief that the fisrt strike in a battle should also be the last. it was known for killing almost too fast to see and unsheithing the blade in the same motion as the killing strike.
by Katsumoto rate this post as useful

oh yea he existed, and i have a pic too 2006/2/24 03:00
well, loosley based in reality was an actual elite samurai assassin-or hitokiri, whos name was at first komori genjiro, but later during the bakumatsu period-or dying days of the tokuguwa shoginte, he then later changed his name to takada genbe. he was supposedly the most lethal and terrifying of the four hitokiri at that time-from what the books tell us, but this was contradictory to his actual appearence, he was femanine looking and was gentle, but his personality was cold and sharp, but still always calm. he killed many shinsengumi and shoganite supporters and well that is a part of history that there are no real historically acurate records of all of his assassinations, but it is said that he was responsible for many assassinations. after the shoganite fell and the meiji era came onto effect, he became very furious with the new emperor since they began to follow in the ways of the shoganite and began to colonize japan with all things western, after four years or so of boycotting and trying to expel the thought of the new government, he was now thought to be a problem to the new government and as such was tried and executed on false charges four years into the meiji era. but during his time he was probably the best there was, and you can find out more by just either going to wikipedia, or ask.com, either of them and both of them will give you full detail of the life of the famed hitokiri battousai.
by chaoticalismic rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 5: Posts 41 - 60 of 91
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread