Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 53 of 53
prev
1 2 3

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/11/3 17:25
people saying iphones are not covered by warranty outsude country of purchase are totally wrong.
used to work at the apple store plus have my japanese model replaced in england. also apple care will cover you in countries that don't have apple stores.
by alexdeltacheetah rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/11/8 14:25
Regarding the shutter click, one way to avoid is to shoot in Live mode. Takes up more memory, but no click.
by dhwlaw (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/11/8 15:25
Only with the applecar plus it is possible to have international warranty.

For international service, Apple may repair or exchange products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards.

See point 5 (Japanese)
https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/docs...
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/11/9 15:40
Do the Apple Stores in Tokyo have iPhone X for walk in sales? I know the website shows 3-4 weeks for delivery but I'm hoping the Apple stores may have limited stock for walk in customers daily.
by kaydee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/11/10 15:37
sold out and only available if you made/make a reservation
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/11/11 10:02
How to do the reservation? Could you please advise? I also prefer to go to the Japan apple store than order online to avail of the tax refund. Thanks.
by IRO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/12/3 00:13
I have a query. Does Japan only sell the iPhone X Model A1902 in the country? Do they also sell the other models viz. A1865 and A1901 for the tourists?
by A (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/12/3 02:15
Apple iphone sold in each country was only mean't to be used in the purchased country, if you have to use a iphone in another country do some research and check if the model is identical in bands and model number, you do get a 3 in 1 chance since most of the time is 3 different models sold worldwide, and all version have bands that over lap with every model.

Just like hong kong version and the japanese version, they are both different, but buying a japanese version will cover all the bands available for hong kong use and a few extra other bands. you are only missing out on the warranty of getting it services 50/50 chance since apples doesn't have a exact procedures to deal with iphones purchased from another country, moest cases the first answer is we only repair/replace local purchased unit sinces we can provide parts for them.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/12/3 02:23
I was in Tokyo and walked past Apple store in Ginza on Monday 27 Nov around 430pm and saw a queue for iPhone X. I joined the queue and after about 45 minutes, I got 2 units of iPhone X, tax free.

Apparently Apple store released some iPhone X everyday for pick-up at selected Apple stores. Check the Apple website from 6am and you will be able to book a time slot when you want to pick up your phones. The site is in Japanese and you need a local number for the booking.

Hope this helps.

by Scott (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/12/4 16:20
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the information. I wanted to ask about the iPhone X you were able to purchase. I am presuming it will be the A1902 model that is exclusively sold in Japan. I learned ,from this forum itself, that this model will has a 'camera capture' sound while clicking pictures.

Is it true for your device as well? And, are there any fixes for it?
(P.S.: I would love to hear from anyone who is able to buy the device and can answer the same)

TIA
by A (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/12/6 23:30
Hi All, guess I can give some fresh infos, since on the next week I will be in Tokyo and I will buy an iPhone X, much cheaper than in Europe. 1) the A1902 works well in Europe, it has few additional bands too; 2) the shutter is always on, true, and this cannot be avoided 3) the Apple 1 year warranty is valid perfectly internationally, at least in Europe 4) Apple Care must be subscribed within 60 days from the purchase in the Country of normal residence (in my case, again, in Europe) 5) it goes without saying, the Japanese charger is different, and I will buy a Euro one. Easily done, with the money saved on the phone in Japan. I have clarified those aspects with Apple in the past 2 hours, hope they help!
by Fabrizio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/12/30 00:16
Does anyone know if itfs possible to buy A1865 in Japan? And if so, where?
by Charles Xavier (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying a Iphone X in Japan 2017/12/31 11:46
Hi scott
I just want to ask how did you purchase your phonex ? Because we are truing to buy:) we called apple store ginza and they said iphone x is abailable thru online only amd we tried online to be picked ip at ginza but credit card need to be japan :(
by Cheryl (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 53 of 53
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread