Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 45 of 45
prev
1 2 3

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/9/9 14:03
Hey, guys.
Today I received a call from the –@–±‹Ç saying that the –@–±ŽÒ asked that I update with proof that I'm current on my city tax. (It's been a while since my application was submitted.)
Any idea what this might mean for the timeline of my Citizenship application process? I am relieved that my application isn't just sitting in a pile and is actually being looked at, but I'm wary to get excited just yet. I suppose the fact that they're double checking I'm still paid up on my resident taxes would mean that they plan on finalizing before the next payment(s)?
Thoughts or advice? Anyone had this happen before?
by Bird (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/9/15 02:16
Bird, do you mean, they are asking if you have already paid your community tax? Is that what you mean? Community tax for this year?
by girlie7192 rate this post as useful

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/9/15 18:56
Yes, girlie7192, that's what I meant. My husband (who is Japanese) handled the documentation so i wasn't initially sure what was wrong, but it's my understanding that they required an update from last years taxes since I gave that documentation to them in Dec. 2019 when I submitted the application.
I'm hoping the decision comes soon. COVID has made it very clear the benefits of being a citizens vs resident.

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/11/11 15:40
Well, I guess the tax docs they requested were no issue. I received my verification phone call last Friday. Time to start checking the Kanpou!

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/12/25 20:13
Hi, Bird! So what is the result? Are you still waiting? I also submitted application in December 2019. But there still neither result nor even a verification call. Btw, has everyone got a verification call before the actual result ?
by Kamasa (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 45 of 45
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread