Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 47 of 47
prev
1 2 3

. 2009/5/9 20:03
Monkey see, there are very few Bureau de Change in the USA, I don't believe there are any independent operators. Even in NYC there are only four Travelex outlets. And, because there is little competition,there is always a commision charge.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Daikokuya is worse than airport 2010/2/14 19:17
Well, I have exchanged the yens to euro at Daikokuya at the Tokyo Station as you advised, and at the airport I found currency exchange rates visibly better than in in the city (1 euro was almost 129Y in Daikokuya and 125 at the airport).
by Robert of Poland (guest) rate this post as useful

This post was really helpful 2011/5/10 05:56
Hey,

I found this post online that probably provides the most comprehensive answer:

http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/2009/08/changing-dollars-into-yen...
by mary (guest) rate this post as useful

Currencies exchange 2011/8/16 09:06
Go to the nearest military base in the have outstanding currencies rate converter. They post what the rate exchange are, and in Japan, the currencies exchange is posted throughout the city. I was station in Yokosuka, Japan. The Navy Base currencies exchanges their is supurb.
by Kenneth (guest) rate this post as useful

.......... 2011/8/18 18:03
Singapore airport. Seriously. it was 10 yen better per dollar than anywhere in japan.
by LGP (guest) rate this post as useful

Kenneth 2011/8/18 23:51
Go to the nearest military base in the have outstanding currencies rate converter. They post what the rate exchange are, and in Japan, the currencies exchange is posted throughout the city. I was station in Yokosuka, Japan. The Navy Base currencies exchanges their is supurb

How do you suppose non-military people gain access to a military base?
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Daikokuya not good rates for Aust $ 2011/8/27 20:03
went today and the rate was 71 for selling aud/yen (when todays rate in market is 80), and for buying aud/yen it was 90 so quite a large spread of 20 yen profit for them. My recommendation is use the ATM and get your bank's rate, even with a $5 fee it is worth the difference (for amounts of $500), and it is less hassle. I am travelling around Asia all the time, Japan must be the worst for using cash currency exchange.
by Andrew (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 47 of 47
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread