Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 6: Posts 41 - 60 of 117
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

confused!!~~ 2007/12/2 23:45
I met a Japanese friend, and he just gave me the e-mail address @docomo.ne.jp. As the above said, I can't send successfully every time.
So it is said, if my friend doesn't send me from docomo.ne.jp, I cannot send to him, and cannot connect him ever since? And how can I connect him?
Thanks!
by candy rate this post as useful

same problem 2007/12/28 00:39
I have the same problem with all of you, but i think the case is, even the docomo user sends a message to you, and you reply, it still doesn't work. I think next time maybe better ask for the japanese friend's mobile number rather than email address.

Another thing i want to ask is, do japanese people can use their phone to check email from yahoo or gmail etc? If so, why they still use the docomo mail?
by Albert lee rate this post as useful

Email to mobile phone 2007/12/28 09:31
Albert wrote:

Another thing i want to ask is, do japanese people can use their phone to check email from yahoo or gmail etc? If so, why they still use the docomo mail?

Yes, it is usually possible. I check my Yahoo email and Dion (internet provider) email from my phone when I'm out, but email sent directly to my phone address will alert me instantly, as the phone rings.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

cellphone mail = text message 2007/12/28 10:06
Phone emails in Japan are used like text messages in other countries. If I am meeting my friends at a particular station somewhere, I send a mail from my cellphone to let them know I've arrived. If they answered me by sending a mail to my Yahoo address, I wouldn't know unless I checked, and it takes much longer to go into the browser and open Yahoo to get my mail. Cellphone emails are instant, like text messages.
by Sira rate this post as useful

phones to connect to the internet? 2007/12/28 17:23
so, is it better to ask a japanese friend to give an email address rather than docomo email?

And, if a new net friend said that she doesn't have computer, and cannot check yahoo email, but wants me to join a kind of 'friendship' homepage (where i need to apply for a membership and every message i send to her need to be charged) until the day i meet her, so that she can receive my message through internet, and can contact with me. Is it likely that she told a lie? (the link of friendship page is here: http://love-affairs.cc/) that may not be a sex homepage i think, but it is somewhat strange...

mistake 2007/12/28 17:40
sorry, i've made a mistake in my previous message:

"so that she can receive my message through mobile" (not through "interent")

Email to mobile phone 2007/12/28 19:38
Albert,

is it better to ask a japanese friend to give an email address rather than docomo email?

If they have one, yes, it might be "better", as there are sometimes problems sending email from PC addresses to Docomo addresses.

And, if a new net friend said that she doesn't have computer, and cannot check yahoo email, but wants me to join a kind of 'friendship' homepage (where i need to apply for a membership and every message i send to her need to be charged) until the day i meet her, so that she can receive my message through internet, and can contact with me. Is it likely that she told a lie? (the link of friendship page is here: http://love-affairs.cc/) that may not be a sex homepage i think, but it is somewhat strange...

Why shoud it be a lie? I know several people that don't have PCs or who don't regularly use their PC, and rely on their mobile phone for email and browsing the web.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

I can't send email to docomo.ne.jp 2008/1/5 00:04
It is 2 years I'm writing to my friend to xxx@docomo.ne.jp and 2 days ago all the messages started to come back as "impossible to deliver this message user unknown". I spoke with her and she said she didn't change the email address.she can still receive mail from japanese friends. by the way I use yahoo to write her.
It is possible she blocked somehow my address? in case of yes it is possible she did by mistake or if you do you only do with a special process done in a docomo shop?
thanks
by daphne rate this post as useful

Similar problem? 2008/1/23 03:47
My friends e-mail contains the characters -_- is that the correct way to enter them, my message gets sent back when i e-mail her
by Keith rate this post as useful

hmm 2008/1/25 15:33
I have the same problem its soo weird... like I just tried 3 times to send a email to docmomo and it had an error each time(I'm using hotmail). but it went through the forth time I emailed it... wtf? I dont understand it. but maybe if you just keep trying eventually it will go through thats the best I can come up with.
by memoirs rate this post as useful

just wondering 2008/1/28 13:34
I just sent an email through my hotmail account to a docomo address. It seemed to have gone through alright, saying emailed succesfully. The only way you can check if it's gone through succesfully is if they reply right?
by mel rate this post as useful

forgot 2008/2/22 13:57
i gave my friend who owns a docomo email address. i forgot to add the "sg" behind. will they still be able to send me the email? eg. 12345@yahoo.com
by i need help rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/25 08:58
The sg is part of the address so you gave them an incomplete address. The emails they try to send you will not go through.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

I can't send it yet! 2008/3/29 15:20
Oh, I'm so confused...
I am from China and I want to send e-mails to my Japanese friends. Their e-mail addresses all end with "docomo.ne.jp".
A few months ago, I send e-mails to them successfully and they replied. But this time I failed.
I've tried everything but they do not help. I can't send to them yet!
And I don't have their phone number or address. What can I do??
by Natsuko(Xiazi from China) rate this post as useful

The reason why ... 2008/4/5 03:51
Usually you cant send the emails from a hotmail account cos of the txt format , I always send my from a .....@fastmail.com.au account.

If the person you are snding the email to dosent have enough credit the email wont be recieved ...

I hope this helps
by Sara rate this post as useful

Call your friend 2008/5/23 06:21
If the important thing is to contact your friend then call him. The number followed by docomo is their phone number. If they still have that number they should be able to answer and give you other means to contact them. You can use Skype they give you a free phone call.
by iz rate this post as useful

mail problem with docomo reversed! 2008/5/25 01:32
I dont know if its the right place for my problem, but anyway.

I had no problems to send mails to my friends docomo and she could send me too. But lately she got a new docomo, after she set up all (spam etc) i could send her again but she cant send to my yahoo mail account anymore.

Error message like '' Reciever's host can't accept you mail''

So do i have to setup it at my yahoo account anywhere because i havent found any option for this or does she has to set this up at her docomo?

Thx in advance
by LuckyS7evin rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/25 02:28
Paste the exact, full error message here if possible.

Who is sending the error message, DoCoMo server or Yahoo server?
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

mail problem 2008/5/25 21:44
I dont know the full error message, she gave me only this

" Reciever's host can't accept you mail" ...

She was trying to send me from her docomo to my yahoo address, worked perfect before, but now with her new cell phone it doesnt work anymore ... i can send to her docomo without problems
by LuckyS7evin rate this post as useful

docomo.ne.jp 2008/5/28 04:58
I have a friend in japan that i emailed: xxxx@docomo.ne.jp and she received it just fine, there is no 2 or 3 dots just plain namexx@docomo.ne.jp I just learn also after sending a very lengthy email that it is her cellphone that I sent it to and she received it all on her unit with no cut-offs. so I'm sharing these to some of you guys who have a problem with docomo.ne.jp. Good luck!!!
by mari rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 6: Posts 41 - 60 of 117
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread