Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 63
prev
1 2 3 4
next

ginger sauce and shrimp sauce. 2007/4/24 09:43
Hello, im looking for the Japanese Village ginger sauce (for vegetables) and shrimp sauce (white and creamy). Does anyone know these recipes?
by ginger sauce and shrimp sauce. rate this post as useful

char 2007/4/24 09:45
Also, i am looking for the salad dressing from Japanese Village.
by Salad Dressing rate this post as useful

Sesame Sauce 2007/7/20 01:03
I also love both these sauces (Ginger and sesame seed sauce) my family ate at japanese village in Ottawa religiously.. at one poitn somehow we were making the sesame seed sauce at home.. I was young and don't remember the recipe (neither does my dad) but I do remember a few ingredients for sure, they were tahini, sesame seeds, and soy sauce or tamari.. I know there wasnt any egg or cream as I'm vegan and can eat this sauce.. that's all I knw for now I'll keep looking..
by Gee rate this post as useful

the Search for Sesame Steak Sauce 2007/8/10 16:24
It's funny how one sauce has had such an effect on so many people. I've been obsessed with finding out the recipe for Japanese Villages sesame steak sauce for years but always come up short. I've tried all the recipes posted on this board and elsewhere, and although they are serviceable they just aren't the same. I even e-mailed JV begging for it but no cigar. Can't anyone out there come up with the real recipe? There must be at least one ex-JV employee kicking around that would share it, unless they are somehow sworn to take it to their graves. I've thought of many things; infiltrating the kitchen to seek it, waiting outside and bribing a chef when they come out but it just seems like the proper recipe was never meant to be leaked to the general public. Sometimes I wish I was an attractive woman just for the sole purpose of seducing a JV chef and coming up with the recipe. Somebody, anybody please come up with this recipe! This is getting out of hand.
by Ryan rate this post as useful

the true steak sauce recipe 2007/11/3 16:00
Japanese Village Steak Sauce

Soy Sauce 12oz

Raw Sesame Seeds ½ cup

Vegetable Oil 12oz

Onion ¼

Egg Yolk 1

Garlic 2-3 cloves

Mustard Powder ½ tsp

Use Yamasa- Dark Soya (Japanese) if n/a use Kikkoman.

Blend Sesame seed until they form an oily paste

Poach the garlic

Mix the mustard powder with a small amount of water to dissolve.

1. Mix soya and blended sesame seed together; set aside.

2. Mix oil and finely chopped onion together; set aside

3. Mix above ingredients together.

4. Add finely chopped garlic

5. Add egg yolk

6. Add mustard mixture

7. Blend above ingredients together in a food processor or blender

Sauce should keep for up to 6 weeks in the fridge if no egg yolk was added.

YUMMY

Straight from the Japanese Village kitchen to yours.
by fred rate this post as useful

At Last! 2007/11/4 23:59
Somebody please try and report (I'm sorry I'm not good at cooking).
by hy rate this post as useful

Japanese steak sauce 2007/11/29 08:58
you forgot the garlic.
1/2 cup Yamasa soy sauce
1/2 cup veg oil
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp diced onion
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup whipping cream
blend in blender.
by Teresa rate this post as useful

Try Shiki 2008/1/4 06:13
Hey I go to Shiki Sushi on Fort. about 3 times a week and they by far have the best steak sauce around. (Along with the best sashimi) Japanese Village has nothing on Tony (the head chef)
by Wes rate this post as useful

12 oz of Soya is too much 2008/1/29 12:21
I tried this recipe and the sauce is extremely thin and definately not the same color. It turns out quite dark and extremely salty. Tried cooking it on low heat to thicken it. This seemed to work but it still seems wrong.
by Hungry for Sauce rate this post as useful

addit needing claification 2008/2/5 18:04
I saw Ryan posted a recipe...where did you get it Ryan...you said directly from Japanese village kitchen. Just curious. A long time ago CKXM radio station had "leaked" the recipe. It was from the announcer Scott and his wife has the recipe. I've never been able to get the info when I had a pen in my hand. I'd love copies of all the recipes mentioned. I'll be happy to try them out. Please feel free to forward them to me. Thanks
by canadiansisterchick rate this post as useful

... 2008/2/26 11:16
Please site where you found your recipes (web addresses, books, etc.) or they will be deleted.
by admin rate this post as useful

Got the Recipe Photocopied! 2008/5/19 15:24
This was photocopied by a friend - steak sauce from Japanese Village.

10 mil dry mustard
90 ml sesame seeds
190 ml Vegetable Oil
190 ml Yamasa Soya Sauce
15 ml Garlic (dried or fresh - 1 clove)
15 ml Dried Minced Onion

Mix mustard with enough water to make a thick paste - let sit 10 minutes. Gently brown sesame seeds in frying pan until golden. In blender, mix all ingredients except sesame seeds for 45 seconds on high. Slowly add sesame seeds, continuing to mix on high speed until blended.

This is for a big batch. I guarantee this is Japanese Village steak sauce. However, I dont have, but really want, the salad dressing rec.
by Adam rate this post as useful

Seasame Steak Sauce 2008/9/16 15:19
Is this like the Seasame Steak Sauce that the Sawmill restraunt sells?

I am in Edmonton and want to learn how to make this sauce at home.

http://www.sawmillrestaurant.com/merchandise_steaksauce.php
by CBot rate this post as useful

Steak Sauce 2008/10/2 11:20
Japanese Village steak sauce has mayonaise in it!!!
by Kim rate this post as useful

I FOUND IT!!!!WHERE TO ORDER IT 2008/10/8 04:50
Sawmill restaurant in Edmonton sells the sauce and I have 3 bottles in my fridge!!!!

sawmillrestaurant.com

it is amazing.....

Sesame Steak Sauce can be purchased from any Sawmill Prime Rib & Steak House or Tom Goodchild's Moose Factory. Alternatively complete the order form below and fax to our administration office at (780)463-3183. Our Administration Office will process your order for pick-up or mail. Administration is located on the second floor of Tom Goodchild's Moose Factory 4810, Calgary Trail South, Edmonton AB.

they ship via purolator.
by Sylvia rate this post as useful

Sesame Oil? 2008/10/20 02:25
Hello Friends;

A new chef at the Japanese Village (location: Calgary, AB) was joking around with us customers as we were asking about the steak sauce's recipe ... he said, I will tell you 2 ingredients every time you come here! ... and he said: egg yolk and garlic. So, if we assume he is was truthful, then the egg yolk is confirmed. This is also confirmed by the fact that the employees are careful to keep the sauce cold.

My guest and I were also wondering if sesame oil might also be used in the recipe as this would intensify the sesame flavour. We don't know, but I will probably give that a try too.

by Bruce rate this post as useful

OMG rice steak sauce????? 2008/11/29 17:59
I have been looking for this recipe!! But I agree, Shimi Sushi on Fort in Victoria does have the best sauce. I will try the JV recipe and cross my fingers because once you eat this stuff it's like crack! Same as coconut rice yummm.. P.S for all you Tai Food Junkies, Nut Pop Tai resturant in Sooke is amazing.and yes you will crave it always!
by kate rate this post as useful

You can buy it pre-bottled 2009/7/24 04:43
This yummy sauce can be purchased at any Sawmill Steakhouse or Moose Factory location in Edmonton. They will also ship it if you order a minimum of 6 bottles.
by Jen (guest) rate this post as useful

mayo 2009/7/26 09:41
if its creamy you might be missing japanese mayo. definitely tastes different than american mayo.
by Satoko1221 rate this post as useful

dressing 2009/7/26 09:43
You can find those orange ginger dressing in stores now. Bran is called Makoto, they have a lot of different flavors. Usually in the produce refrigerated area where they have other dressing and bagged salad.

by Satoko1221 rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 63
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread