Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 6: Posts 41 - 60 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

basics 2006/7/6 01:52
Well realy it all depends on the basic anime (japanese cartoons she watches) For music you moght try a soundtrack from her favorite anime. For decorations you want something from that anime or some gashia stuff. For presants is the same idea. Aslong as you stick to her favorite anime , friends , or Gashia stuff your fine. Now about the friends . Heres the idea try to call them and ask about what stuff she likes. You can also try the internet to look up some Japanese cultures. You might want to trust me on this one . I am 12 years old and like your daugher loves anhything Japanese. So take my word for it This is the advise your lookingt for. well good luck !
by Ari Brown rate this post as useful

Help 2006/7/8 09:18
Okay my friend is turning 13, and we want to have a Japanese/Anime themed party with just me, her, and my little sister. What should we do? Anyone have any suggestions? Please help!
by MissAsako rate this post as useful

dress 2006/8/15 21:50
get all the gests to dress up in kimono's. you can buy some really nice one's at the moment.
by alice rate this post as useful

Birthday Help? 2006/8/23 14:22
I'm turning nineteen this month, and I would really love to have some sort of Japanese theme to my party. So far my friends and I plan to make our own sushi and onigiri. We're also going to get a calligraphy set and try our hand at writing in kanji :) But I was curious as to anything (other than music, I've read about it already!!) that you guys could suggest? :) Thanks a lot!
by Anie rate this post as useful

my party 2006/9/12 10:41
well my party went well- if you have japan-loving otaku friends, as well as friends who are not so 'into' it, I reccomend watching a Miyazaki, such as Castle in The Sky, ages 6+, or Princess Mononoke.
Chocolate Mochi is hit or miss-but rice candy is a deffinate hit. Buy cute chopsticks ment for little kids (pointed end) and give them to your friends. Origami boxes are cool to make as well. Right now Target is selling paper lanterns in their dollar section-so buy up while they last! Also the japanese koala cookies are really tasty, and of course Pocky. Ramune marble-soda (soooo awesome) is tasty and a great party favor! Dance to jpop (I personally like Puffy Ami Yumi), and do ddr! Serve rice and noodles, or spring rolls. for no-sushi people you can make cucumber 'sushi'-look online for a recipe
don't forget soy and duck sauce!
Encourage guests to come in cosplay, or traditional or modern japanese fashions (we did modern!)
Buy fabric ar the fabric store for a table cloth, along with no sew hem tape!
(if you r lazy like me!)
by Minako-Chan rate this post as useful

I too need help 2006/10/4 05:11
My birthday is in November and i am doing a Japanese theme party. Lucky me, a girl from Japan just came to our school and offered to help. But I would like to know what cheap stuff i can make and buy on a low budget. I draw manga/anime, but would like it to be an old Japan (mainly) party. you can email me at mcgurdle10@hotmail.com Thank you sosososo much
by Rachael rate this post as useful

oh yeah 2006/10/4 05:13
oops i forgot to mention it will me a sleepover too, with about 7 girls...thanks!

sorry again 2006/10/4 05:15
i am turning 13, if that helps and im more mature than most

Birthday in January 2006/12/6 10:07
Hi! My daughter will be having her 17th birthday in January. She was born in Japan so I want to find out how Japanese teenagers celebrate their birthdays and how I can find recipes for what they like to celebrate with. She goes to a boarding school so I can't decorate or have her wear the yukata. I just can send up food and drinks. I sure wish I could find melon soda here!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated!
by Lynn rate this post as useful

HELP!!!!!!! 2006/12/13 09:18
I am turning 12 and my bday party is this saturday.Im looking for last minite things. Games to play and such.Im not that interested in anime and i am very mature.i dont know alot about japan.what kind of games do they play?thier colors are red and black right? i was wondering if i could tie in purple too?please i need help!!!!!
by Someone who needs help rate this post as useful

TO: Someone who needs help 2006/12/15 09:30
Someone who needs help.....I would suggest changing the theme of your party. I mean, if you don't like anime and all that stuff, then Japanese is the wrong theme for you.
by Ashley Richards rate this post as useful

Heya! 2007/1/23 09:24
Well, I see that this has been answered a numerous amount of times, but if anyone STILL needs ideas about this, I know about it. I am 14 years old and I love anime, which is a highly popular japanese culture thing. What I recommend for music (individual songs):

-Come, by Amuro Namie
-Four Seasone, by Amuro Namie
-Shinjitsu no Uta, from the Best of Inuyasha
-My will, by Dream
-Fukai Mori, Do As Infinity
You can find all these on
http://www.ear-tweak.com/wind/

-Tip taps tip, by halcalli
-Sanctuary, Utada Hikaru
-Simple and Clean, Utada Hikaru
-No touch Coke, Junior Dee (funny song)
-You, by Kazami
-Believe, by Tamaki Nami
-Michiyuki from Loveless
-Tsuki no curse from Loveless
-Any songs from FullMetal Alchemist are cute! ^_~
-Some songs from Naruto
AYUMI HAMASAKI is a good person too.

As for themes, I recommend Inuyasha, Naruto (getting very popular), Hellsing, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Final Fantasy, Rurouni Kenshin, Kingdom Hearts,etc.

Ideas is a dress up thing-y, with Kimono's,set up a place in your house where they can drink tea with their sandals off! You can give the store that is making your cake a picture in advance for the top! Gifts can vary from Anime DvDs that you know they like and/or manga. Keychains, or small anime accessories always make me giggle with happiness.

You can also rent anime movies to show at night after they are all in their pajamas (if it is a sleepover).

Hope I was of some help! ^_~ Good luck!
by Kristie Hosford rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2007/1/27 02:05
It's surprising how much english music is played in Japan today, but I personally like BoA, Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, SMAP, Nami Amuro, and Koda Kumi. If she likes anime, there are tons of things you can get her- don't overdo it though. My parents tried to throw me and anime party when I wanted just Japanese, and it made me feel four years old. The lanterns, paper fans, and decorations can be found almost anywhere- Target, for example- but the kimono, if you want anything half decent, will be fairly expensive and have to be bought online.
Oh, and to the person who said Pokemon- please, no. Not only is that old now (yes, 5 years is old in anime terms) but nobody over the age of ten likes it. Just saying.
Hope this helps! I'm 13 and like traditional Japan too, now I want to come to this party...
by Saria rate this post as useful

It's too late but ,,, 2007/1/27 04:45
Melon soda is delcious but expensive; it does come in a cool aluminum container, though. Instead, the ramune soda with a marble is affordable and kids love it. Some brands have a twist top and you can remove the marble.

Don't forget the Japanese candy! Small boxes of chocolate dipped Pocky are about $1/box (USD).
by nanshi rate this post as useful

Japanese party 2007/2/12 06:56
Hey! im almost 13 and am having a bday party. WE are going to the KABUKI JAPANESE STEAKHOUSE which covers food. i m going to have flowers and candels for decor, but i need ideas for snacks and 'activities' that aren't too corny. any help? i need it FAST!!!
by HELP! rate this post as useful

help 2007/2/27 10:16
I need to find anime birthday cards for my party. The theme is all anime. So....any ideas!?!
by Katherine rate this post as useful

Naruto 2007/4/3 16:28
Does anyone know where I can find party supplies that have Naruto on them?
by In need rate this post as useful

Anime 2007/4/16 02:45
Several people may have already said this (too lazy to read XP), but if your son/daughter does not specifically ask for Pokemon (or any other anime-style show, for that matter), DO NOT USE IT! Many anime (Japanese cartoons in the anime style) are meant for a younger age and would be very embarassing to them if they did not like it. I suggest keeping your children involved in the planning of their own party.

Some anime I do suggest are Miyazaki(I think that's how you spell it) movies from Studio Ghibli. They are all-age anime that are very clean (as in no "bad" scenes) and very well-done. Again, I suggest (if you are a parent) checking with your child to be sure it is okay with them.
Miyazaki titles include:
Nausicaa (my personal favorite ^_~)
Spirited Away
Kiki's Delivery Service
Howl's moving castle
Castle in the Sky

Of course, if your child/teen has a preference (that you approve of), by all means, play it!

For invitation ideas (when making your own), I suggest doing a search on google for images. I warn, however, when searching for anime, it will most probably pull up several dirty pictures. Anime is known to be very "bad", but it does not need to be. If you are unable to find any clean or good pictures, feel free to email me (information will be at the end of this post). I only have clean pictures. It's simply a collection of pictures that I have picked up from friends (who found them on the internet) and various websites.

I'm not sure about music, but it seems there are plenty of posts about that already ^_~

There's a general overview for you! If you have any questions or are looking for pictures/language help, feel free to email me. My email is:
pixiedustgirl1@yahoo.com
I check it often, so hopefully I'll be able to help with any emergency reqests.

I'll keep this page bookmarked ^_~ Actually, I'm having my own Japanese party (I'm turning 14) at the end of this week.

Good luck!
by Jessie rate this post as useful

Anime, continued 2007/4/16 04:18
Oh yes, I forgot! If you email me, please put something in the subject box telling what it's about (such as "Anime party" or "Japanese birthday party"). I get so much junk mail, I would accidentally delete yours!

Thanks! ^_~
by Jessie rate this post as useful

party suggestions - the music 2007/6/8 22:08
hajimemashite! hi ppl! lol. any way im planning my sweet sixteen and im thinking of doing a tri-cultral theme. and guess wat the best part is Japan is one of them! :)! any way my birthday is in 5 months and i need to get a head with the planning so that everything comes out just right. Ive got the Music ideas down bc i listen to j-pop/rock and a bunch of other japanese music. but the problem is the invitation food activities and most of the other stuff. i get in to a few select anime like Dnangel, Naruto, Mar, Toyko Mew Mew, G-Gundam, FMA, Prince of tennis, Cresent Moon, AI love you, Wolf rain, Rave Masters, etc. but most of my friends don get into that so ill be considerate of that..haha. the other two cultures are Jamaican and Hawaiian..ive got those covered but can u help me..oh and keep in mind that im not one of the wanna be ppl who just thought of the theme out of no where.. i have some experience with the japanese language, and japanese culture. ive been a fan of japan for a while now...but i just need the ideas in specific deatail. oh and i want an idea wit not too much anime involement. Im kinda digging the whole modern Japan with in the 120 years --- the ninjas and samurai warriors are ok but i have to cater to all side of my personalities a well as other ppls. - try to reply within 2wks plz - domo arigatogozaimasu- thank you very much!
by Sette Aka Chiclet i luv Orange Range!! rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 6: Posts 41 - 60 of 102
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread