Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 91
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

The styles 2006/3/16 09:22
Watsuki had Kenshin use the Hiten Mitsurugi-RyEstyle, but his model didn't. Gensai, in comparison, created his own unique swordstyle, while Kenshin's Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu was handed down from master to disciple. Therefore Gensai couldn't be battousi. However, nothing much is known about this style so there could have been someone long ago or not.
by Kamiya-Angel rate this post as useful

One other thing 2006/3/16 09:27
Rurouni Kenshin has already aired in America. Whether or not it will once again is the question. The last time it was on was about a half a year to one year ago and on Toon. Sometimes the episodes are at the library. The OAV's haven't aired or at least from my knowledge they haven't.
by Kamiya-Angel rate this post as useful

There are more than 1 hitokiri 2006/4/7 01:33
there were 4 Hitokiri in japanese history, Kawakami Gensai(which u know as kenshin), Izo Okada and Tanaka Shimbe while the fourth name is lost in history. If u really want to know i have alot more information, jus email me at xxxx@hotmail.com
by BK SUN rate this post as useful

sorry nightshadow 2006/4/14 13:35
Hey nightshadow sorry i didnt respond earlier, your email was sent to my junk folder. anyway i sent you some answers, hope they help.

Re: There are more than 1 hitokiri 2006/5/30 03:55
Nakamura Hanjiro was known as the 4th hitokiri. he was from the Satsuma clan. It is said that he did the training of Nodachi-jigenryu in Enatsu Nakazaemon's dojo in Nishidacho. He struck a tree 8000 times every day with the wooden sword, and many thick trees therefore broke.
by Katsumoto rate this post as useful

Made Up 2006/6/4 03:06
No. It is made up of Batto,or,to cut. And Sai,Which is just the ending of a name.
by M.G. rate this post as useful

OAVs 2006/7/2 04:09
The samurai x oavs aired on cable anime on demand. they are great
by richie rate this post as useful

Hittokiri Ghensai 2006/8/13 01:53
No, but there was a Hittokiri ghensai which is the person kenshin himura of the anime Ruroni kenshi was based off of.
p.s. I apologize if i mispelled anything
by Haku Ryu rate this post as useful

Hitokiri Gensai/Kawakami Gensai 2006/8/13 02:03
The title of this answer is how you spell the samueai's name.Also if anyone has any info at all about Sanada Yukimura please post it on the forum,thnx.

p.s.-my nickname Haku Ryu means white dragon also i have a japanese nickname Kuroi tatsu which means black dragon.
by Haku Ryu rate this post as useful

Is RuroKen gonna be on in the US again 2006/9/11 04:20
Does anyone know if Ruroni Kenshin is supposed to be aired in America again? I got into the books after the series stpped airing and I'd really like to see the episodes.
by Yami no Matsuei rate this post as useful

Important question 2006/12/4 04:43
anyone know the place of where he got buried?? i saw a pic from his tomb but didnt find where is it located... thx for the atention.
by leandro rate this post as useful

the forth is not lost! 2007/1/25 23:35
the forth hitokiri was nakamura hanjiro aka kirino toshiaki mind u there isnt a whole lot of in fo on him im still looking for it my self thou if any one finds info on him olz let me know just post it and email me too plz xxxx@hotmail.com thaks guys
by saito rate this post as useful

the hitokiri did exist 2007/2/28 04:23
the anime of rurouni kenshin is base of a true story,one of the 4 hitokiri's that had exist on japans history, righ now i don't know the name of the guy, but of course that how it happends on hte anime was a fantasy, but that hitokiri's life was really horroble in the that the same meiji gov. actually killed him because they didn't keep the promise of the brand new gov. their ideals had change and the gov. got scare that they gave them a dead penalty because he was way too strong for them in the area of the battle field.
by darkprincess rate this post as useful

You all need to study better... 2007/3/12 17:51
Battousai is an assasin, so being a samurai would not be correct, and its just a name given to an unknown man who killed hundreds and disappeared without a trace, as noted in the OVA.

Now the truth behind whether it was just one of the 4 great hito kiri's, a myth to scare ppl, or a real person hoping for change we don't know, but history points to the a real person. And no kenshin has no relation to real life besides the oniwabanshu shinesengumi, the politicans, and saito.
by HitoKiriBattousai rate this post as useful

thnx 2007/3/17 17:35
arigatou HitoKiriBattousai-san
by nightshadow rate this post as useful

graves 2007/5/13 07:33
hi, i was just asking myself, are there graves or something like graves of those men, i mean of hitokiri gensai, saito etc,...? i know gensai was executed but what happened with the body, aren't there any graves?
by fujita goro rate this post as useful

maybe 2007/5/15 13:56
hmmm.....there could be....do the japanese bury their dead?
by nightshadow rate this post as useful

Graves 2007/5/23 09:50
yes actually, there is a grave for Gensai
by Katsumoto rate this post as useful

where? 2007/5/23 14:43
that's cool. but where?
by night rate this post as useful

outlook 2007/11/6 07:37
Kenshin Himura is Kawakami Gensai executed on the 13th of January 1871. Kenshin is based extremely loosely on Gensai most noteably that records state that Gensai was femininely beautiful (like Kenshin). Keep in mind that the 4 hitokiri is largely if not entirely titles created from reputation and not from bestowed title meaning people made them known (individualy) as the 4 battousai even though they did not interact and were not so named as a title above others.

Page 4 of 5: Posts 61 - 80 of 91
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread