Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 6: Posts 61 - 80 of 117
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

docomo.ne.jp -second part 2008/5/28 05:01
Btw I forgot to include I send my email through yahoo, if this can help,I do not know other email though. Or the receiver might have emails block on their cp. Might be possible. Good luck again!
by mari rate this post as useful

Please help! 2008/5/28 13:36
Please help me! I`m trying to email my friend using a hotmail account. The error message is ''One or more addresses are not in the correct e-mail format, couldn't be matched to a group in your contact list, or do not match a quickname or nickname of a contact. (Please use the following format: name@example.com).
Invalid e-mail addresses: ''(insert her email here)@docomo.ne.jp''.''
It has a .. in it. Is that a problem?
by Elizabeth rate this post as useful

Docomo 2008/5/28 13:55
Elizabeth,

It has a .. in it. Is that a problem?

Yes, it is. Unfortunately you will have to find another way of contacting the person.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/5/28 14:08
Oh, okay.. Thank you.
Would it help at all if I used an email address from a Japanese emailing service?

Docomo 2008/5/28 14:29
Elizabeth,

Would it help at all if I used an email address from a Japanese emailing service?

I don't think so. The problem in your case is the non-standard email address with two consecutive fullstops, which is allowed by Docomo, but generally not accepted by standard email services. I think the only way to email that address is from another Japanese mobile phone.

docomo.ne.jp 2008/5/28 14:39
Okay, thank you a lot, but I think I got it to work. I registered with a Japanese emailing service that doesn`t allow dots, but it let me send an email to my friend. It said the email was transmitted.

which service? 2008/5/29 14:45
Elizabeth, which service did you use? Did you verify the person got the e-mail ok? I'm trying to send e-mail to my friend's docomo address which has consecutive dots from my hotmail account. It fails right away with a "fail to send mail on behalf of the user" error. My language setting under options is set to nihongo.
by kotora rate this post as useful

multiple dots 2008/5/30 13:45
Well it is definitely the multiple dots in the address causing my problem because I was able to send to a docomo address with single dots no problem. I mailed hotmail support about it but don't expect a solution from them. If anyone knows a workaround so I can send mail to my friend please post.

anyone? 2008/6/4 01:34
Sorry, this is the last time I'll bump this but, can anyone tell me how I can send e-mail to a "consecutive periods" docomo address other than using a JP cell phone? There must be some internet based account that is capable of doing so. I've been looking but no luck so far. :(

The same problem, with a twist 2008/6/5 01:53
Okay, I read this topic and fortunately I came to understand why suddenly all my mails is bouncing or never arriving (with the same error always; ''user does not exist''). While the latter would normally have me asking the email address again, I didn't because for some strange reason, they can send email to me just fine.

However, while I now might have my explanation, there is one thing that I do not understand. In the past I was able to sent emails just fine. In fact, most of my communication with my penpal slowly moved to hey cellular. Problem is, I do not know when she stopped receiving my emails, but I am pretty sure that my client just stopped being able to. Anyone able to explain this?
by Michael rate this post as useful

Problem semi solved 2008/6/7 01:30
Okay, yesterday I posted how my client just suddenly stopped eing able to send out emails to docomo.co.jp addresses, but today I found out that one of the addresses had changed, and that I was perfectly able to send emails to the new address.

Although there is still one friend I am having trouble emailing, I can assume that for the time being I can send emails to even the less standard format addresses. So, seeing as how I think I can solve the other problems myself, I would like to say I do not need help anymore.
by Michael rate this post as useful

arghhhhh 2008/7/8 14:56
does everybody have this problem or something? I have tried everything.
by claire rate this post as useful

docomo 2008/7/8 16:32
You probably just have the wrong address. Just contact your friend and have him/her resend you their email address. There's absolutely no reason that email to docomo wouldn't work. (I send email to docomo addresses everyday and have never had a problem)
by Danny rate this post as useful

its of my life 2008/7/9 03:08
hi
i want to have contact with someone special to whom i met in macau.she gave this add xxxxxxxxxxxx@docomo.ne.jp. but massage cant going in this add.its of my life.can u help me.how i can intouch wid her.
by rooney(macau) rate this post as useful

Help! 2008/7/23 15:45
@ezweb.ne.jp seems to be an invaled email addresses to hotmail? why
by adrielle rate this post as useful

Got it to send 2008/7/27 21:01
I to had the same problem, the docomo email syntax is not standard, the .. and all that, arent supported my most mail servers.

Hotmail just wouldn't send it, period.

I just made a yahoo.co.jp mail account and it worked.

So maybe you guys should try that.
by Alex rate this post as useful

. 2008/7/28 03:27
Read through this entire thread before asking. Most possible reasons are already mentioned.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

problem? 2008/7/28 09:39
I have an uncle in Japan having his keitai mail address from softbank.ne.jp

I used to mail him here from my Naver or Daum Mail (naver.com/daum.net) and it's always successful
by shin rate this post as useful

Softbank? 2008/7/28 10:08
Shin,

I have an uncle in Japan having his keitai mail address from softbank.ne.jp

Great, but no one is talking about Softbank. The problem is with Docomo email addresses.

Stupid Docomo 2008/8/20 11:25
Unfortunately Docomo is following the thought process of "lets do it like everybody else doesn't". They allow inclusion of a dot prior to the @ in an email address. This format is NOT recognised in standard internet email protocol, so many mail servers, including Hotmail will not send to those addresses. Only solution is have your friend change their email address and eliminate the dots. Stupidly in Docomo's literature they suggest you include dots "to stop unwanted spam".
You could try sending a Short Mail (SMS) Docomo-to-Docomo using the phone number only, if your keitai supports this.
by martin rate this post as useful

Page 4 of 6: Posts 61 - 80 of 117
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread