Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 93 of 93
prev
1 2 3 4 5

melanin 2011/8/28 13:46
the pigmints in your iris go beyond the mendel chart, same with skin and hair color, there are more factors. to explain it, people with dark brown skin have more melanin in their skin, and less melanin means lighter skin. Same with eyes. Less melanin creates the illusion of blue, more makes brown. Parts of the eye can have different concentrations of melanin which is how some people can seem to have a freckle on their eye or have brown in the center but blue on the outside. Green eyes are from a scattering of yellow colored melanin under the "blue".
by alaska (guest) rate this post as useful

eye color genetics is not simple 2011/9/22 18:07
Mendel chart is just a dumbed down way to simplify and explain genetics in high school.

Genetics of eye colors go beyond that chart. Multiple genes actually influence eye color

My friend had a pure Japanese mother and a blue eyed White father and he had hazel eyes.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2011/10/6 09:12
Idont care how it happens im just saying that i have a half japanese half australian blue eyed very white skin with golden blonde hair. And the only thing that looks japanese is her nose and eye shape and i just want to see if i can fine another like her. There must be some the same as her i would like to see a pic of them. She is 4 now.
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2011/10/24 19:07
Well, I know this Asian girl, who had a great-granny with blue eyes, even though she's completely asian (but with european descent on both sides)...if she married a Caucasian with say...blue eyes, what are the chances of their child having blue eyes?
I know the question was kinda covered, but still :)
Thanks!
Niamh Burberry-Gallagher
by Niamh Burberry-Gallagher (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2011/10/24 19:10
Oh, and she's Punjabi. :)
THANKS!
Niamh
by Niamh Burberry-Gallagher (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2011/10/26 00:23
My Family History if it helps with your question

Paternal
GG grandpa = German blond/blue
GG grandma = Japanese black/brown

G grandpa = 1/2 German 1/2 Japanese black/brown
G grandma = German blond/blue
Grandpa = 3/4 German 1/4 Japanese black/blue
Grandma = German blond/blue
Dad = 7/8 German 1/8 Japanese Blond/blue
Maternal

GG grandpa = Irish red/green
GG grandma = Japanese black/brown

G grandpa = 1/2 Irish 1/2 Japanese black/brown
G grandma = Japanese black/brown

Grandpa = 3/4 Japanese 1/4 Irish black/brown
Grandma = Japanese black/brown

Mom = 7/8 Japanese 1/8 Irish Brown/Hazel

Me = 1/2 Japanese 7/16 German 1/16 Irish dirty strawberry blond hair, blue/gray eyes.
You may want to check that math
by Little Abbie rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2011/12/8 19:55
Hello there :)
It certainly is possible but i have to say it would be a very low chance that a full blooded Japanese could have light colored eyes. I am half Japanese and half Spanish and my father has light colored eyes (green) and my mother has dark brown eyes because she is Japanese. I was born with light brown eyes, dark brown-black hair and i have sort of an epicanthic fold in my eyes. I can look White and Asian at times, both most of the time. some are surprised when i tell them im a halfie but some aren't but if you have an eye for culture you can defintely see it. My friend is halfie too and she looks 85% white. she has blonde hair with green eyes.
by Jack Sanchez (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2011/12/23 03:04
I'm Japanese, and my grandfather (also Japanese) had green eyes...it was the strangest thing. He was born and grew up in Hokkaido (Northern Japan).
by Watashi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2011/12/29 12:00
Just had a friend give birth a few weeks back. 1/4 Japanese, 3/4 "white" (at least some of that is of Italian decent). Dad has blue eyes and light brown hair, mom has medium brown hair and brown eyes (she's a halfsie but both her parents have brown eyes) - baby came out with brown hair and blue eyes. Of course it can (and probably will) still change and darken but a lot of people were surprised at the eye color. We aren't sure which side the blue eye gene was from on the mom's side since don't both parents need to carry it?
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2012/1/5 10:45
Hi all,
My daughter is 6months and half Japanese half Aussie. She has blue eyes and brown/blonde hair. Guess this may change in the next 4 months but she seems to be getting fairer & fairer. Will be interesting to see if they stay this colour or darken over time. Just thought I'd chip in so you all know they're out there and not just fiction.
by Blood7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2012/1/30 00:23
well mine is four an a harf. she still has gold blonde hair and blue eyes. So i guess she will keep them. But i would still like to see another like her im also from aust.
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2013/4/13 13:04
I am half Japanese and Irish. My father was born in an interment camp in the 1940s. When I was born I looked just like him - black eyes and black stick straight hair. As I got older my hair got curly and my eyes turned hazel. Except for the shape of my eyes I looked more like my Irish mother - lanky and skinny with a longer nose. I do however have the more olive skin of my father. My sister however was born with cornsilk blonde hair and bright blue eyes. As she got older she looked more and more loke our father and though her hair darkened it is now a bright auburn.

My husband is russian and Irish and looks more asian than I do at this point - and our kids are very european looking and two very japanese looking. Genes are sure a weird mix!

When I was in the military I was often asked if I were Amerasian - but since I havr been out I get asked if I am lebanese or maybr italian.
by Tomsprincess (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Blonde, blue-eyed half-Japanese kids 2013/11/10 09:34
You guys might be interested in this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hapa_Project
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 93 of 93
prev
1 2 3 4 5

reply to this thread