Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 5 of 6: Posts 81 - 100 of 117
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

gmail 2008/8/20 12:59
gmail works fine
if your mails are being rejected use quotes " " around the address
the other option is to have the person send you an email and then just reply to it
as long as you don't modify the address it should be sent successfully even in hotmail, but i guarantee it will work in gmail.

also be mindful that japanese cell phones can't handle messages sent with mixed japanese and english with encoding set to UTF-8, make sure you set the encoding to one of the japanese standards before sending the message out, otherwise your friend will receive a bunch of garbled text.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

docomo.ne.jp 2008/8/21 21:15
If the email doesn't return, does that mean they got it?
by Emily rate this post as useful

yes 2008/8/22 05:06
yes, but make sure to check your spam and trash boxes a few minutes after sending it to make sure an error mail didn't come back and get filtered. if there's nothing then you can assume it went through properly.

hope this helps.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

periods 2008/9/23 11:08
my japanese friend's docomo keitai mail address is xxx...xxxxx...@docomo.ne.jp

since there are periods, does that mean i cannot email her from hotmail.com or gmail.com? if i sign up for a hotmail.co.jp account would it work?

i live in canada and i know a friend that has a docomo phone that she bought online, but i do not think she has a mail address. would it work if i mailed my japanese friend from my friend's docomo phone, even tho we're in canada?
by natalie rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/24 23:09
since there are periods, does that mean i cannot email her from
hotmail.com or gmail.com?

Yes, probably.

if i sign up for a hotmail.co.jp account would it work?

It doesn't seem to work either.

i live in canada and i know a friend that has a docomo phone that
she bought online, but i do not think she has a mail address. would it
work if i mailed my japanese friend from my friend's docomo phone, even
tho we're in canada?

If her phone is unlocked and she is using it with a carrier other than
DoCoMo, I don't think things will get better even if you use it, because
the phone is not using DoCoMo's mail system.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

This one is still puzzling me!!! (X_X) 2008/9/27 05:57
i got a friend's mail address that goes something like this:
aaa.x_‚˜number.numb@docomo.ne.jp

i was confused with the (x) and (‚˜).
but i think the difference of the 'x' is FULL WIDTH ROMAJI because there are a lil bit space on the second 'x'
or
after writing the x there will be a space if it is number?

1) does docomo also allow these kind of mail addresses?
2)how can you send to these mail addresses?
3)Is there any typing error there by my friend(i couldn't contact him till now)?
by Expres5o rate this post as useful

Docomo fun 2008/9/27 09:44
Expres5o,

The second "x" could be a multiplication sign. Even Docomo doesn't allow double-space romaji (or Japanese) in email addresses. Did you try sending it using a normal "x", in case it was just a typo?

1) does docomo also allow these kind of mail addresses?

Yes. That's why so many people have problems trying to send email from PCs.

2)how can you send to these mail addresses?

Often, the only way is to send from another Japanese mobile phone.

3)Is there any typing error there by my friend(i couldn't contact him till now)?

Hard to say.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/27 21:47
The second x is so-called fullwidth, which cannot be used even in docomo email address.

It's probably your friend's typo.

typo? 2008/9/27 22:12
Thanx a lot for the reply! (^^,)
Yeah I tried many times(although he said that he has unblocked it since) replacing the second full-width "x" with "x" and also "X"
seems it doesnt work too....
In addition i made trials in softbank phones and try all sorts of the "x" thing but FAILED too.

i wonder why because the first address he sent to me is ~~.x_Xnumber1.number2@docomo.ne.jp

but the second one is
~~.x_Xnumber1.number3@docomo.ne.jp

in the second address "number2" and "number3" is different.

Does this makes any sense that docomo mail addresses(if he had change to number3) have the same settings(unblock mail settings and whatsoever) with the previous one(number2)?
by Expres5o rate this post as useful

Gmail 2008/10/11 02:43
I hear Gmail now allows you to send mail to nonstandard docomo.ne.jp and ezweb.ne.jp addresses (i.e. consecutive periods and/or period before @).

. 2008/10/11 02:49
Does this makes any sense that docomo mail addresses(if he had change to number3) have the same settings(unblock mail settings and whatsoever) with the previous one(number2)?

Japanese phone users can change their email address of their phone freely at any time. So your friend may have changed it.

answer to all ur questions... 2008/12/13 12:08
guys here's the answer! at last! y'all should sign up for a yahoo mail japan, which is yahoo.co.jp! try it! docomo can receive a message from yahoo japan mail.. if u cant read the words in the web, try to search for a transalation.. i hope this thing will help out... enjoy!

btw, the (..) or dot are accepted.. no limits... :D
by ice rate this post as useful

Another issue with docomo.ne.jp 2009/3/20 21:43
I've been emailing my friend who has address;
x.x.x-x.xxxxxxx.xxxx@docomo.ne.jp
it was working fine for a while, then lately it's been rejected with the error message;

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Unknown user x.x.x-x.xxxxxxx.xxxx@docomo.ne.jp (state 18).

I have no idea what's goin' on... T_T;; Sorry guys, please help me...!
by Sha (guest) rate this post as useful

Email problems 2009/3/21 09:03
Sha,

The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Unknown user x.x.x-x.xxxxxxx.xxxx@docomo.ne.jp (state 18).

I have no idea what's goin' on... T_T;; Sorry guys, please help me...!

Looks like the person has changed his/her email address.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2009/3/21 18:36
lol I see~
thanks for that.
by Sha (guest) rate this post as useful

To Sha - fix for gmail to Docomo 2009/4/10 09:20
Sha - I'm another gmail user (from pc and iPhone) and my gf has a period in her email address. Around the same time you said yours suddenly no longer worked, mine also stopped working.

It seems that docomo might have reset users "accept email from PCs" option, as this was previously set to "allow" on her phone. Tell your friend to go into their settings from their phone (on the i mode or whatever it is) and set "Allow from PC email addresses" to yes again. She did that and 2 seconds later I could email her again.

Hope that helps.
by Not a Mod (guest) rate this post as useful

Fixed my problem 2009/11/9 16:47
So I had the same problem, wanting to send a text/email from my computer to someone in Japan with a @docomo.net.jp cell phone. I was trying all this time with yahoo and kept getting the MAILER-DAEMON failure notice, but I used my gmail account for the first time and it worked! I got an answer from the cell phone in Japan right away, so try a gmail account (or if you don't have one, just sign up for one, it's free and fairly easy to use). Hope this helps!
by Priscilla (guest) rate this post as useful

gmail 2009/12/14 12:40
Isent an email to a docomo address using gmail. It sent successfully. i believe that the language settings were not changed. Does anyone know how gmail handles that?
by boonitic (guest) rate this post as useful

i can email with gmail 2010/1/13 12:52
hi there,

i dont have any problem with emailing my friends in japan, i can email my friend whom her email is a docomo email [''xxxx.docomo.ne.jp''] and also my sister whom her email is a softbank email [''xxxx.softbank.ne.jp''],

i tried it from outside japan. i live in Indonesia for now, and i use my gmail account. i can send them some emails by using push mail feature from my Sony Ericsson cellphone and also my computers. and i doesn't have problem with receiving any kanji or alphabetical character with no problem at all.
by emailing mail (guest) rate this post as useful

new to getting contacts in Japan 2010/3/12 04:02
Hi all, I've been reading this thread to try to get an idea on a contact I received from a new friend , the note I got had 3 contacts as such:

(Envelope Symbol) xxx@ezweb..ne.jp
(Ketai Symbol) 090-xxx-xxxx
(Not sure what the 3rd symbol she drew is, looks like a notebook computer) xxxx@yahoo.ne.jp

Would the first one be the phone-to-phone only email? (I gather it is an AU phone mail address)

But an email from my PC to the 3rd address bounced back, should I take that as a typo (maybe she meant xxx@yahoo.co.jp?) or is yahoo.ne.jp a mobile phone network email address?

Thanks very much for yr patience on this!
by Josh (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 6: Posts 81 - 100 of 117
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

reply to this thread