Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 94 of 94
prev
1 2 3 4 5

calling japan cell with card 2008/7/1 13:04
dave in saitama,

that was exactly what i thinking. the number has to be working because I was in Japan last week. and she called me yesterday with her cell.
i think i need to find someone who knows japanese..

and let them hear the automated message
by chnsx7 rate this post as useful

Phone message 2008/7/1 13:22
chnsx7,

Have you seen this other thread by someone with the same problem?

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+52235

If the message you are hearing sounds like that, then you'll just have to keep trying at different times until they answer.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

payphone to cell phone 2008/7/1 18:54
how do you dial a japanese cell phone from a japanese payphone?
by daniel rate this post as useful

. 2008/7/2 06:56
Simply 090(or 080)-xxxx-xxxx
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

still not working 2008/7/2 23:16
still not working, any suggestions anyone?

Message 2008/7/2 23:25
chnsx7,

Can't you leave a voice message, even if the person isn't able to answer the phone at that time?

calling japan cell with card 2008/7/3 11:28
naw, no voicemail to leave, it just says the automated message, and thats it.

my story then an answer lol 2008/7/8 12:14
i had this same problem and i tried 2 calling cards..
calling card 1 - i would get that message youre talking about.. calling card 2 - it would ring and ring and say the person isnt answering but my friend said her phone never rang..
she had gotten a new number not long after due to some problems. and when i tried again with calling card ''1'' it worked finally..but with calling card 2, it starts to call but you wouldnt hear any ring.. then i hear Beep beep. then a busy noise. weird.. but at least it worked lol.. anyway
this one is what youre most likely hearing , but i may be wrong.. (i kept getting the first one)

Kochira wa NTT Docomo desu. Okake ni natta denwa wa denpa no todokanai basho ni aruka dengen ga haitte inaitame kakarimasen.

which i believe means the phones off or out of the service area

or youre hearing this one

Kochira wa NTT Docomo desu. Okake ni natta denwa bangou wa genzai tsukawarete orimasen. Osore irimasu ga bangou wo otashikame ni natte okake naoshi kudasai

i think that one is that its not in service right?

or

Kochira wa NTT Docomo desu. Okake ni natta denwa wa okyaku sama no gotsugou ni yori tsuuwa ga dekinaku natte orimasu.

which means temporarily out of service right?

Hope that helps!
by A rate this post as useful

no luck still 2008/7/12 13:56
he A thanks for the reply

i get a woman's operated voice saying something similar to the 2nd one

Kochira wa NTT Docomo desu. Okake ni natta denwa bangou wa genzai tsukawarete orimasen. Osore irimasu ga bangou wo otashikame ni natte okake naoshi kudasai

but it's a lil different, but this is the closest out of the 3.

and my girl does have docomo.. soo iono

help! lol

Cellphone number in japan 2008/7/30 11:00
Hi.. I have this problem. I noticed that the mobile number format you are always giving is +81 80 xxxx-xxxx
the last digits are always 8 numbers. my husband gave me 080 xxx-xxxx
so i tried calling using this format
+81 80 xxx-xxxx but it always says wrong number. im currently in the philippines so i also tried,
00 81 80 xxx-xxxx but still wrong number. he is currently staying in tokyo.. help me.. thanks.
by kristine rate this post as useful

Phone number 2008/7/30 13:52
Kristine,

Yes, Japanese mobile phone numbers are always 8 digits. You'll have to ask your husband to give you the correct number.

Problem Solved 2008/7/31 09:11
Dave in Saitama,

Thanks. I got the wrong number. It really is 8 digits. I've called him already. Thanks to evryone's ideas here. It really helped!

by kristine rate this post as useful

cell phone. 2008/9/25 17:32
I receive this phone number of a friend +1307******* on my cell phone in Japan. I did not not answer the phone because I had put it to silence mode. When I reach my home country. I tryied calling the number but each time there is a reply that Says that the country code or area code could be wrong, I have tried with 81 and was given the same answer. Can someone please guide me the way to call Japan cell phone. I believe my friend uses the services of NTT. Thank you
by kuji rate this post as useful

. 2008/9/25 23:15
It doesn't seem to be a Japanese number.

The + sign denotes international prefix, followed by a country code.
In this case the country code is 1 (USA), so it looks like a U.S. number 307*******.

If you've got an international call from a Japanese cell phone, it will be +8190******** or +8180********.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 94 of 94
prev
1 2 3 4 5

reply to this thread