Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 64 of 233: Posts 1261 - 1280 of 4651
prev
1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 233
next

Sachiko 2009/3/13 12:14
It was actually torn down in the mid to late 80's and was located in Honmoku area. MyCal is located there now.

The Navy Exchange and other "support facilities" for the American military personnel and their families are now located in Negishi. I lived there in the early 1980's and again in the mid 1980's and saw the transition from the old to the new. Do you live in Japan now?
by Lori (guest) rate this post as useful

To Everyone! 2009/3/18 00:34
Happy St. Patrick's Day. "Erin Go Bragh" (to Peter, this doesn't mean "you have your bra on backwards").
by Wally (guest) rate this post as useful

Hi everyone 2009/3/18 11:52
Hi Wally and everyone - and an "Erin go Bragh" to you, too. Hope you had a nice day. Getting a little spring-like here - crocuses, little maybells, and a little budding.
by Steffi (guest) rate this post as useful

Erin 2009/3/18 17:21
A belated St Paddies day to all. And thanks Wally for the clarification, you know thats what I thought it ment all of these years. I guess I need a resident fashon consultant and I guess your it. Hope your well, hear that you had some pretty warm weather, enjoy! Still cold and snow on the ground but starting to melt away.
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Oh.. Wally 2009/3/19 00:33
Bye the way.. You don't work for AIG do you ? I could use a loan.

Peter-san 2009/3/19 09:48
Sorry, but I invested all my money with Bernie Madoff.

Ouch 2009/3/19 10:30
Wally sorry to hear that Bernie Made-off with your money, looks like you'll have to sell your plane. Can I offer YOU a loan ? Or perhaps you might have to cut back on luxuries. Same here, The villa has got to go.

areas1&2 yokohama 2009/3/21 00:25
stationed inyokohama 8/63-8/67 lived 244 sanotani nakaku right next to sanken garden.yamate police station across the street from rickshaw rm. toy store was called friscos returned to japan in73 left 89. pictures available graz@graz-web.com several links available.
principals name mr james phillips frommiddle 50 to 60 .as i read more ill be able give more inf. nex was tore down 1980 was on japanese tv. sad to watch it go. upon return we lived in 33b aera two. new zebra club across from yamashita park.race tract at nagish and areax was astepalchase race tract converted to golf course,given back turned into n nature preserve. old grand stand was used durin the war to launch hot air baloons (several made it to washington state.
by koguretokie rate this post as useful

Areas 1 & 2 2009/3/21 05:04
We lived nearby at 91 Sannotani from '55 to '61.

Enjoyed your pictures.

Thanks!

Eric
by Eric (guest) rate this post as useful

Todays Haiku 2009/3/21 06:58
I awake..
to the morning sunlight
peeking in from the edge of.. a new window..
its spring ...
Is this by design ?

koguretokie 2009/3/22 00:43
Enjoyed your website. Very professional looking.

Shinjuku 2009/3/22 00:56
In 1979-80 I went to a bar called the British Pub, and I think it was in Shinjuku. Anyway, I was sitting in a booth and a big dude came over and sat down, and said that his name was Meatloaf. I had vaguely heard of him, but didn't really know who Meatloaf was, and still don't, but think he is in the music business. I don't remember much of our conversation, but he was an amiable guy. Does anyone know where the British Pub is located?

Wally 2009/3/23 02:01
Try doing a search (Google or similar internet search engine) of "The+British+Pub+Shinjuku". I did and there are a few possibilities. I recommend you check them out to try to answer your question.
by Lori (guest) rate this post as useful

Lori 2009/3/23 05:37
Thanks for your help, but none of the pubs looked familar. I guess they remodeled it since I was there. 1980 seems only yesterday to me, but it's been over 28 years. I'm thinking I was probably in Shibuya though, instead of Shinjuku.

Peter-san 2009/3/28 03:13
I found a slide of the Peanut Club. Took it to Columbia Photo Co., and had a print made. I scanned the print into a Jpeg file and saved it on my computer. All for you! If you want me to send you the Jpeg file, email me at:
gcox@mywdo.com. I don't know why anyone else would want a copy, but if you do email me and I'll send you the Peanut Club file.

Peanut !!! 2009/3/28 22:22
Wally, have been away, just got your message. Amazing !
I will E mail you today when I get settled in. Finally we can solve the burning question, was it singular [peanut, as you contend] or plural, peanuts as I contend] If you win I will buy you a whiskey co-co, if not I will you buy me a whiskey co-co. Can I make a deal or what !
You are a real peach for doing this for me.. don't worry, I won't tell anyone.. well mabye a few people. Can't wait !!

Peter-san 2009/3/29 00:45
I'm looking right at my original photograph and there is a sign above the entrance, and it is spelled P-E-A-N-U-T. There is no S on the end. So, when you get the Jpeg file, don't print out the picture and then draw an "S" on the end, because it won't work! Besides, I don't even know what a whiskey co-co is.

Peter-san 2009/3/29 01:57
I sent you an email with the Peanut Club attached, but it went really slow. I think it is due to high traffic this time of day. If you can't open the attachment, you might try saving it to file and then inserting it as a picture. You might also try sticking your tongue out of the left side of your mouth instead of the right side. If none of this works I will resend it when not as many people are using the internet.

Peanut 2009/3/29 02:21
Wally -san After all these years.. I finally know the answer. Its singular I must have been misled by a Yokohama Taxi driver that said AH_SO peaneusu-ne I figured they knew it better than me.
You don't know whiskey co-co's ? Are you sure you were there ? Other than beru.. when we wanted to order a mixed drink they always seemed to get it fouled up.. so they served us what they thought we wanted.. which by default was... what we wanted.. which was Whiskey co-co. Whiskey and coke. So I'd say rum and coke.. and the bartender would say ah so smiling very knowingly and bowing his head... whiskey co-co. I didn't want to argue with him or cause a problem so I just went along with what he served me anyway. So thats the story of whiskey co-co's. I was there one night when three aussies came in and ordered three beers and got three Whiskey co-co's. They looked at me and the drinks as if to say whats this !! I smiled and said "house special" and thats about all they know how to serve, They raised their glasses to there new-found drink and shouted...whiskey co-co's.!!! the bartender was very pleased. Can't wait to see it I left you an E Mail.

Peanuts 2009/3/29 03:33
To Wally and all you others that visit here, Wally has given me a big big treat ! I have seen photos of our old haunt the Peanut Club. Now this doesn't mean squat to others but I want him to know how much i appreciated the effort it took to get this to my eyeballs [ don't you love it when i talk about you in the first person once removed ?]
I had many fond memories at the peanut club, and admittedly have probably forgotton about a few. i guess this represents the freedom of being in a foreign country and being a little wild and crazy. Thank You Wally.

Page 64 of 233: Posts 1261 - 1280 of 4651
prev
1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 233
next

reply to this thread