Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 7 of 12: Posts 121 - 140 of 223
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
next

^v^ 2006/11/14 12:34
I love drawing manga !!! For those who have the same dream as me NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!COZ The world is waiting for ur manga!!Minna Gambare!!!!
by Sai rate this post as useful

Wow... 2006/11/27 11:12
I can't believe I haven't replied 'till now! Still, some very good advice, TK.

It may sound a tad weird, but if you wanna get into the publishing stream as a creator or writer, I highly suggest fanfiction (Try: www.fanfiction..net). I've been writing for a few monthes now and I've improved at many things, like creating plot lines and such. It's pretty useful, so why not try it out? Not to be discouraging, but there's not much of a chance for you as a creator or writer if you can't write a plot-line, now is there? ^_^

If you want to become a plain-old artist or illustrator, I suggest PRACTICING. That's what I do in between volleyball, writing fanfiction, school, ect...

Try your best and always believe in yourself!
by Strawberry-Kat rate this post as useful

hi im new 2007/3/5 02:53
i want to be a mangaka as much as the next person, im 15 this year and learning japanese. but im keeping my options open, i have plans to be a manga artist in america, japan or even here in englad which it unlikely i think. But i also might be a psychologist and a writer. what im saying is dont just rely on being a manga artist keep options open. *_*
by mangagrl rate this post as useful

be a mangaka with others mangaka wannabe 2007/3/7 20:36
u can work with mangaka wannabe group to create a manga from pencilar to letterist all did by different plps and have deadlines too ..u won't get paid but u will feel the fun or tension to be a mangaka and see if this is what u really want to work for the rest of ur life.they r already working on a project so don't hesitate to join!

http://blossomflame.eamped.com/?sid=c6d563359d85271fb87abb8684e361f4
by Angel rate this post as useful

I am a manga-fanatic... 2007/3/14 01:58
I'm absolutly in love with manga, but my trouble is that I have problems sticking to one 'style'. I have learned how to draw by what you would say 'copying'. I drew what I saw, so when I see a new way to draw something, I instantly start drawing it and try to duplicate it. I'm pretty good at it, but im constantly correcting myself and I go back to working on my own style. Also, I can never stick with one story. I love to write too and I have so many great ideas but I can never get them down! It is so frustrating! I start to write,then I come up with another idea and move on without ever finishing the last one! I used to absolutly suck at drawing but my friends always told me I was good, so I got into it and drew all the time! Now I am very good, but I still have to hone my skills with backgrounds and details, but I'm pretty sure that with the way I am improving quickly, I can get it down one of these days! My dream is to be one of the best! I might be over -reaching or I might not, but if I keep a good attitude about it I might just make it within the top ten!
by yumi-chan rate this post as useful

what if.. 2007/4/10 19:06
what if i went to live in japan, and sent manga to various publishers then? and do get accepted cant i just use a japanese pen name?

truly a manga_ka? 2007/4/13 01:04
learn it. you can be a non-japanese manga_ka. LOL where does the word "Manga" originate from?

Main Entry: man·ga
Pronunciation: 'mä[ng]-g&
Function: noun
Etymology: Japanese, comic, cartoon,
from man- involuntary, aimless + -ga picture
: a Japanese comic book or graphic novel

JAPANESE!

so, a little japanese and culture could help. if you want to be astro boy or naruto genius
Masashi Kishimoto (ŠÝ–{ÄŽj, Kishimoto Masashi debuted as a[bs} mangaka (Japanese cartoonist[/bs]

so you wanna be japanese? get japanese happy!
by jokera_us rate this post as useful

Blah... 2007/5/1 04:34
I'm writing a story that I'm planning on eventually turning into a comic series. It's based in Japan, so it's sort of like Manga. But do manga-ka make up high school names, or do they use real High school names? Because I've barely gotten past the few sentences of the story...
by Kam rate this post as useful

to kam 2007/5/5 07:23
i think they get a random name ,and use it for thier high sckool, i make up my ones, i think its better thay way.

thnx 2007/6/3 10:36
thnx to Logan Myrddin and Christopher james Glover you two should become philosophers or something cuz you two sure helped me.
*from one ambition filled person trying to pursue mangaka one way or another
by yanyan rate this post as useful

International Manga Competition 2007/6/8 22:20
http://e-morning.jp/imc/

Did you guys know about this? It's past deadline, but they might be doing another one in the future. You never know!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Yes! International Manga Competition 2007/6/21 07:23
I've called Kodansha and confirmed it! Yes they'll be helding it again soon! but they didn't say how soon will it be. anyway who ever r aiming to be a mangaka in japan and don't know japanese then this is a great chance!! we r allowed to send our work in 10 languages!
by Vin rate this post as useful

MIMC 2007/8/15 07:51
The deadline for the 2nd International Manga Competition is December 31st 2007. For more information check http://comipress.com/press-release/2007/07/11/2281
by Vin rate this post as useful

i know one way.. 2007/8/26 01:06
you could go to a manga uni in japan they accept exchange students and people who live over asia
um its called kyoto sieka uni, look it up on google or somethin cos i cant find a link for it 0_o
if you want to se some of my art: http://itachiheartextreme.deviantart.com/
im not that good yet but i want to improve so, yeah, watch me if you have deviantart, plz, i would like to meet u! ^_^

just new here 2007/9/12 19:09
can someone please give me some tips on how to be a manga-ka??
I really like to be a manga artist but I don't know to take tha first step for it. . .
by mikazuki rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/13 00:38
you could try reading the thread you've posted to.

or check out this thread on suggestions for people who want to become mangaka from outside of Japan:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+6341
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

hmmm... 2007/9/13 19:17
after all that I've read It must be really hard to be a manga-ka

salary. . 2007/9/15 17:34
how much does a manga-ka get paid for??

he's right i guess... 2007/9/21 10:19
I think he's right, it just depend of the manga you publish
you can earn nothing or a lot!
if your manga's worth it you can earn a lot of money but if its not, well...
i did a small research and I found this:
Manga information magazine Comic Fan vol.16 has printed a list of the highest paid manga creators in Japan:

Tax amount (estimated income in parenthesis) in millions of yen

Takahashi Rumiko 225.36 (616)
Aoyama Takemasa 162.34 (446)
Kurumada Masami 84.12 (234)
Akimoto Osamu 50.03 (142)
Akatsuka Fujio 47.67 (136)
Urasawa Naoki 44.54 (127)
Yokoyama Mitsuki 36.21 (105)
Miyazaki Hayao 31.82 (93)
Yanase Takashi 29.28 (86)
Miyashita Akira 28.47 (84)
Kawahara Masatoshi 28.47 (84)
Mizushima Shinji 28.16 (83)
Umezawa Yukari 20.48 (62)
Hirogane Kenshi 19.31 (59)
Adachi Mitsuru 19.12 (59)
Yaku Mitsuru 13.39 (43)
Kawaguchi Kaiji 12.53 (41)
Thank you so much for creating this site(^ ^)''
I myself want to become a mangaka(yes I wanna work in Japan)and seeing you all with
determination gave me hope again. I was kind of hesitating because some of the people were bringing me down
(my mom too sometimes...)
I have a low self esteem but
when I look a this site i give
me courage(thank you very very much)but I have a problem:
My friends tell me that I draw well but I don't know if its true...(most of people tell you that so...)
I want to take out those insecurities. Can someone give me some advice please if its not too much trouble(@_@)
thank you again for creating this site i love it(^ ^)
by kaede rate this post as useful

P.S. 2007/9/21 10:21
ok someone just answer the question before but i guess there's a problem...
by kaede rate this post as useful

Page 7 of 12: Posts 121 - 140 of 223
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
next

reply to this thread